Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pencil Mustache

Mr slick

Familiar Face
I used to have one, but shaved it off because I was self-conscious of it not suiting me. Any input on whether I should bring it back?

tumblr_lw4jpjc3hg1r7s6tdo1_500.jpg

Go for it Gene...I felt self-conscious and had loads of stick when i grew mine, but so what! I like it, and that's what counts.

Stanley Doble

Call Me a Cab
lollollol I know, but, this guy actually was a philanthropist. "Stone gave over $275 million to charity including civic groups, mental health and Christian organizations...long-time support of the Boys Clubs of America for over fifty years" are listed among his efforts.

wclementstone3.jpg

Did you ever look into where his money came from?

Tommy

One of the Regulars
French nobleman, Henry de La Falaise, Marquis de La Coudraye, who's claim to fame was his high-profile marriages to two top leading Hollywood actresses.... one after the other! Gloria Swanson and Constance Bennett.

ConstanceBennettMarquisHenridelaFalaiseonboardthesteamerSSDeltfdykinFeb1932aroundthetimeofBedofRoses.jpg

This photo must be reversed, look at the double breasted jacket direction

Tommy

One of the Regulars
Do any of you have recommendations on grooming kits? I couldn't find much info on the moustache threads.

There seems to be a plethora out grooming kits, from Kmart/target walmart up to top o the line premo's. I want to avoid buying too cheap or too expensive, or the wrong things. I'm gonna try the pencil moustache, but as I can grow a lot of facial hair (I could probably easily grow a walrus style) I know I'll need a kit w/the right tools to manage the end result, and be able to work around the stache. I'm just completely new to this, and would appreciate anyone's experienced opinion on tools needed in the ongoing grooming of pencil thins.

...and this comes from someone whose lifelong shaving experience consists of barbasol shaving cream and gillette cartridges.

Last edited:

Feraud

Bartender
Do any of you have recommendations on grooming kits? I couldn't find much info on the moustache threads.
I keep my moustache in shape with an eyebow razor and a small scissor.
The eyebrow razor (pic below) is used to shape the top and the scissor for the bottom area over the lip. Eyebrow razors are sold in beauty shops. The price is somewhere around three for a buck.
euebrow%20razor.jpg

Last edited:

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
Ben Hecht (1894–1964) One of the most successful screenwriters in the history of motion pictures.Called "the Shakespeare of Hollywood", "the" Hollywood screenwriter, someone who "personified Hollywood itself."

hecht-2_650.jpg

bond-hecht_1835189b.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner