Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Penman Hats

Jabos

A-List Customer
Please, post away right here. Also, we lost the first series of pics you posted, or at least they don't show up on my computer anymore. I appreciate the information about Penman Hats. Welcome!!!!!

"Skeet" McD

Practically Family
Me too...

Dear Dave,
Someone beat me to it....and clearly, it's not just us. There seems to be a problem with your initial pictures (deleted or moved). Look forward to seeing a very special hat for a very special day. Congratulations, and welcome!

Cheers,
"Skeet"

DR Ulloa

New in Town
Thanks Skeet. Glad you can see the photos now.

Dostacos, I don't understand why posting about a Penman in a new thread is something to be frowned upon. I didn't see any Penman picture thread so I figured I'd start one. Whats the issue with Penman Hats around these parts.

Dave

Jabos

A-List Customer
DR Ulloa said:
Thanks Skeet. Glad you can see the photos now.

Dostacos, I don't understand why posting about a Penman in a new thread is something to be frowned upon. I didn't see any Penman picture thread so I figured I'd start one. Whats the issue with Penman Hats around these parts.

Dave
I think you just happened "on the scene" just after a discussion yesterday of other lounge issues having nothing to do with you or Penman hats at all. Please, just ignore and feel welcome. Come on in and I'll buy you a beer. ;)

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Welcome to the lounge Dave!
John is ok for a hosedragger.:rolleyes: lol

Just kidding, seriously! I chatted with him before in Private Message and he seems to be a good guy!:D

I had the chance to see one of his hats in person in Monteagle. It was BoxerKen's hat. The hat was a real beauty, extremely soft and supple. It was not what I expected, I guess I was thinking it would be kind of stiff. After seeing that one I have been seriously considering one sometime this year.:eusa_doh: lol

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
Dr.U; The hat is great, and the white color splashes make the hat. By the way, I had trouble with the photos on COW as well as here.

I'm guilty of posting new hat threads instead of adding to the one sticky thread meant to reduce the Mod's work. It happens. Nothing to fret over.

I have spoken with John numerous times over the last 6 months or so. Of the many hours we have spent talking, we've probably one discussed my hat order for about 1 hour total! lol He is a great guy, and trying very hard to get things going right with his hat endeavor. It's also exciting to be getting a custom lid from somebody I've never tried before. I'd forgotten the extra thrill of the unknown!!! I hope I'm pleased with the results, because that will open up some possibilities for me. :D

DR Ulloa

New in Town
Indycop, John's hats have very little stiffner. The one is posted here is floppier than my first one, but I requested it with as little stiffner as humanly possible.

Not-Bogart13, youre not the only one! Each time John and I spoke over the phone, we spoke for about two hours and only briefly discussed the hat. He's a very easy guy to lose yourself in conversation with. I fear we've all run up his phone bill in long distance calls. You'll love your hat. I know it.

I'd like to make this a sort of Penman gallery. If anyone else has a Penman, show it off.

Dave

hollowpond

One of the Regulars
DR Ulloa said:
Not-Bogart13, youre not the only one! Each time John and I spoke over the phone, we spoke for about two hours and only briefly discussed the hat. He's a very easy guy to lose yourself in conversation with. I fear we've all run up his phone bill in long distance calls. You'll love your hat. I know it.

Dave
And he's run up mine too!lol Most of the time my conversations with John end when my cell phone battery just about dies!lol But, its easy to get lost in conversation with John. He's definately a talker...but what he's got to say is worth listening to!:D

Torpedo

One Too Many
I think that with the Dr's hat we have had four or five threads presenting Penman's hats - mine included, which was one of the first. And yes, it is expected these should go at the "Post new hats" threads.

The one thing we could do now that some of us have Penman hats, and know that some more will appear, is creating a thread dedicated to the brand, along the lines of the various ones already under way.

So, if some imaginative Penman owner can come up with a thread title... ;)

Torpedo

One Too Many
[QUOTE="Skeet" McD]Well, I'm not a Penman owner...but I'll throw my 2 cts worth in anyway: How could one avoid naming it "Penmanship"?!? :)

"Skeet"[/QUOTE]

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

DR Ulloa

New in Town
I'll rename this thread if we can come up with a name and make this the gallery thread. I'll post pics of my first Penman. I was one of his first ten orders. I ordered back in, I believe, June '08. Post them up, gentelmen! Lets see your Penman hats.

Dave

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran