Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Penman Hats

This is the Penman Everyman "production" hat. Even for a factory produced hat, the quality is very nice and the price makes it a bargain in my view. I had John crease it in the fashion of the Indy 4 "Skull" hat. I love it. I hate taking it off and can't wait for my custom hat to come up in the que.

We were on our way to the medical lab, again, and I asked my wife to take this picture before we got in the car. Not so good news from the MRI but my rekindled interest in hats has me looking forward to what's next despite the damnable tumor.

The hat looks great on you!
Thoughts and prayers to you, brother.

PHIL1959

One of the Regulars
I hear my Everyman Raiders is waiting for me at the mail office with a £48 tax and handling bill. I hate taxes! Home on Saturday and really looking forward to opening the box! Question now is when does the Everyman Indy travel hat come on line?
I dont understand the British import duty system! if you buy hats from everything Australian or the hattery they seem to fly through customs without being taxed, yet anything bought from the USA is taxed!

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
I'm sorry to find out that news. Take care of yourself buddy. Keep me posted and if you need a ear, please feel free to call.
I go to see a neurosurgeon this afternoon to discuss options. Will consult with my brilliant endocrinologist as well. It's not malignant as far as we can tell, but it sits on the pituitary and presses against the optical nerve. It can also mess with ALL hormone production and the base of the brain where the hypothalamus rests. I am surprisingly without symptoms so far (unless my years of headaches are not from the head-on collision with a drunk driver in '76) so I'm hoping an MRI every 6 months to watch for growth is the best option. Not much room for more growth without symptoms as it is now about 20mm (.787" or ~ 79 caliber for you firearm ballistics aficionados).

Hey, I could commission a custom revolver in .79 Barium. LOL

i-wcFN8Kf-M.jpg

RJR

I go to see a neurosurgeon this afternoon to discuss options. Will consult with my brilliant endocrinologist as well. It's not malignant as far as we can tell, but it sits on the pituitary and presses against the optical nerve. It can also mess with ALL hormone production and the base of the brain where the hypothalamus rests. I am surprisingly without symptoms so far (unless my years of headaches are not from the head-on collision with a drunk driver in '76) so I'm hoping an MRI every 6 months to watch for growth is the best option. Not much room for more growth without symptoms as it is now about 20mm (.787" or ~ 79 caliber for you firearm ballistics aficionados).

Hey, I could commission a custom revolver in .79 Barium. LOL

i-wcFN8Kf-M.jpg
Good luck,I hope the consult brings the result/options you're hoping for.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Thank you for the outpouring of prayers and support. We met the neurosurgeon yesterday, and my impression of him was the same as the endocrinologist: "what's this guy doing with Kaiser?" Very smart, amiable and clearly competent.

So, great news. As I am asymptomatic, and the new MRI shows the tumor is not touching the optical nerve, all parties agree we just watch this thing and take MRI's every 6 months.

Looking at an neck xray from 5 years ago, the docs can see the tumor was either not there or small enough to not be pressing against this one little bone in the head... so this tumor is most likely not too old... or growing really slow. Again, it's benign and the only concern is to watch growth so it doesn't press into things and cause problems. Oh, and if I get the most excruciating, terrible headache of my life I need to go to a good hospital and have surgery as it indicates a bleed on the pituitary.

What a good day!

Thanks again, guys!

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Thank you for the outpouring of prayers and support. We met the neurosurgeon yesterday, and my impression of him was the same as the endocrinologist: "what's this guy doing with Kaiser?" Very smart, amiable and clearly competent.

So, great news. As I am asymptomatic, and the new MRI shows the tumor is not touching the optical nerve, all parties agree we just watch this thing and take MRI's every 6 months.

Looking at an neck xray from 5 years ago, the docs can see the tumor was either not there or small enough to not be pressing against this one little bone in the head... so this tumor is most likely not too old... or growing really slow. Again, it's benign and the only concern is to watch growth so it doesn't press into things and cause problems. Oh, and if I get the most excruciating, terrible headache of my life I need to go to a good hospital and have surgery as it indicates a bleed on the pituitary.

What a good day!

Thanks again, guys!
great news my friend

so wonderful to hear

What a good day!

Thanks again, guys!
Yes, if anything calls for a celebration and a new hat this news certainly does!!!

Jim Flynn

Familiar Face
I dont understand the British import duty system! if you buy hats from everything Australian or the hattery they seem to fly through customs without being taxed, yet anything bought from the USA is taxed!

I was taxed on my Akubra as well when that came unfortunately. For the Everyman I ended up paying £48 in taxes and handling fees.

As far as the hat goes I am very pleased with the fit, perfect straight from the box. Not so pleased with the box itself as it came somewhat crushed. Akubra win hands down in the packaging department. Anyway some photos of the hat. I have a Henry coming in a couple of weeks so I shall do a comparison then.

Last edited:

LabRat 101

New in Town
Very nice Mr. Flynn. I just ordered one today. The Everyman Raiders, I'm told it will ship tomorrow. I'll post photos of mine when I get it. Overall are you pleased with it? I can't wait to get mine. Too bad about the box, looks like the hat is ok. Have a good day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner