Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Penman Hats

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
I've posted before, but I love my Everyman Indy "Skull" hat. It fits real well as I went up in size from 59cm to 60cm, better than any other factory sized hat I've purchased and the felt is really nice. I'm in queue for a handmade Penman in December, and it's hard waiting.

... can I just add something here? I purchased a NOS (new, old stock) Stetson "Murphy" fedora, graphite in color, with "Ultimate Imperial" imprinted on the sweatband. I got it for a good price... but I'm telling you - in comparison - my "factory/production" Penman "Everyman" Indy hat is soooooooooooooo much better. Head and shoulders above in quality. From the felt, to the sewing, etc... the Everyman hat is N-I-C-E NICE. I won't buy another new Stetson felt hat. It was a big disappointment.

Last edited:

Bird Lives

A-List Customer
I've posted before, but I love my Everyman Indy "Skull" hat. It fits real well as I went up in size from 59cm to 60cm, better than any other factory sized hat I've purchased and the felt is really nice. I'm in queue for a handmade Penman in December, and it's hard waiting.

... can I just add something here? I purchased a NOS (new, old stock) Stetson "Murphy" fedora, graphite in color, with "Ultimate Imperial" imprinted on the sweatband. I got it for a good price... but I'm telling you - in comparison - my "factory/production" Penman "Everyman" Indy hat is soooooooooooooo much better. Head and shoulders above in quality. From the felt, to the sewing, etc... the Everyman hat is N-I-C-E NICE. I won't buy another new Stetson felt hat. It was a big disappointment.
Hey man....I'm just trying to catch up here.....Congrats on the good news from you Dr's...Wishing you nothing but the best....

BTW...that Penman looks Great!

Bird Lives

A-List Customer
Bird Lives, is that a reference to Charlie Parker? Thanks for the kind words!
Yep....Most of my Teen and Adult life has been spent trying to internalize some of the magic that was Yard Bird...
I'm a trumpet player, hense my avatar...Hey @EstherWeis , It's never to late, to start playing any music instrument...if you want to play trumpet, go for it....life is short, music is precious...get a horn and enjoy, if you hear the call...

I don't want to hijack anything here....so heres a link to a couple things I recorded...I hope you dig em.. http://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/what-are-you-listening-to.11665/page-712

Now back to your previously recorded programing....

Last edited:

EstherWeis

Vendor
Yep....Most of my Teen and Adult life has been spent trying to internalize some of the magic that was Yard Bird...
I'm a trumpet player, hense my avatar...Hey @EstherWeis , It's never to late, to start playing any music instrument...if you want to play trumpet, go for it....life is short, music is precious...get a horn and enjoy, if you hear the call...

I don't want to hijack anything here....so heres a link to a couple things I recorded...I hope you dig em.. http://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/what-are-you-listening-to.11665/page-712

Who knows.
for now just love listening to them.
I get mushy on the inside listening to a good trumpet player.
Such an incredible art.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up

Very cool tunes. I used to play sax, clarinet and a (very) little flute.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
I wasn't expecting this until December, so a call from John yesterday afternoon was a nice surprise. This morning we spoke about felt colors, ribbons, bow treatments.... all the FUN stuff!

What a boat load of changing ideas... I started with ordering a custom beaver Last Crusade fedora but couldn't stand waiting so I grabbed an Everyman and John creased it for me to look like the Crystal Skull hat. Then the pre-order came up for the non-Indy Everyman hat in granite, so I had to order one of those.

Anyway, so I've changed my mind a few dozen times over the last few months (brown, dark moss, bone, sahara.....) and only this morning.... did I finally settle on the Steel beaver felt, a grey with blue under tones. It sounds great! And I've seen a few hats made with this felt and I really like it.

We'll be figuring out what to settle on for ribbon, brim and bow over the next few days and I am very excited to have Penman custom, handmade fedora coming home in the not too distant future. This is actually the first custom hat I ever ordered but it's going on the block now!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner