Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Perfect foundation/face powder

anabolina

A-List Customer
I got some of the flakes myself today, I know drink more water. What also seems to make my skin look smoother and almost perfect is that after I put it all on, I will get a washcloth wet and wring it out, them press it against the skin. I heard about this in some thread on here that I'm too lazy to look for now and am surprized at how well it looks. Even if the foundation color is slightly off, this method makes it look more natural.

Emmababy

One of the Regulars
oh yes, it was on one of the vintage beauty adverts on here and i was all like 'damp sponge wtf' and jitterbugdoll was like 'yeah' and i was like ok

Helen Troy

A-List Customer
catspyjamas said:
A friend of mine uses the brand Bare Escentuals (crazy spelling) which is created from natural mineral powders. Apparently you can even fall asleep in it and in the morning you still won't have a single zit. I am definitely going to try it !
There are many brands of mineral make-up, I myself prefer Everyday Minerals. (everydayminerals.com). Mineral make-up was a whole new sensation for me with my oily skin an occasionally acne. Before, I had to choose between looking overly painted or looking a bit spotty, but mineral make up both covers well and "melts" into the skin and looks very natural. Also, my mineral make-up has lots and lots of different shades, so it is not difficult to find the right shade. And that has always been a problem with other make-up. And, I think it is true that it does not clog pores. No problems after sleeping in it! (I know, bad girl.;) )

Here is a whole mineral make-up thread for you to check out.

anabolina

A-List Customer
I second everyday minerals. They make a great product and you can start out with a good sized free sample to try to see how it'll look on you and to get the color right. You just pay shipping, I think it was $4 when I did it. They even let me get 2 sample kits when the colors from the first weren't any good.

Miss Kitty

New in Town
All I use is aveno, both the moisturizer and the cleanser, I just add some sugar to the cleaner and it works as a nice scrub. My skin tends to get flakey in the winter time, and is acne prone. Differin worked wonders for me. As for the foundation, I HATE MAC, I had to return their product after I had a horrible break out that took me 2 weeks to get over. It's just too thick. I like ultima II glowtion foundation. I was only able to get it on ebay, but it has a nice sheen to it and gives me a nice glow...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner