Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

petroleum jelly?

katiemakeup

Practically Family
I use petroleum jelly all the time as a makeup remover and facial moisturizer. So does my mother. Apparently the original cast used to swear by the stuff.

Oof! This makes my skin sad :( It's a wax and is water resistant and not a humectant (that which attracts moisture) if anything one would use a moisturizer and then use this barrier product to seal in moisture. It doesn't let the skin breathe and release the oil and toxins it needs to, to be healthy. Individual results will vary of course, but there are so many better and face friendly products out there. Unless one uses alcohol afterward, there will always be a residue- if your eye makeup smudges during the day, that kind of thing.

Back to the original poster's comments- it can work in that capacity, but there are so many products out there now that are designed for that water look that don't run (warm to the body) and last longer on the eye than vaseline/jelly. Just ask around at your local beauty counter- they are usually called gloss or shine serums. Even some primers can do the trick!

Lamontn

New in Town
Well I've read that almond oil is an awesome, thing to give your eyes shine and i have also
read, and tried using it as an eye makeup remover which works good than any product
i have come across.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider