Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Phoenix Hat Company

humanshoes

One Too Many
I'm sure you'll manage to do it justice (and more than that), Rick. Getting the right fit for the crown is key I guess, for the flat brim not to distort. I haven't seen many, but so far none that could be considered high quality hats.
Thanks Stefan. Having one of Max's custom made band blocks will definitely help with that.

humanshoes

One Too Many
Some days are just not about the hats. The Phoenix Forge is born.

Walker Forge.JPG

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for that Terry. I love Laurel and Hardy. Always have.
Here's the trailer for one of the best new movies I've seen in a long time.
You're welcome, buddy. I've been wanting to see that movie. I grew up on Laurel and Hardy. They were the best comedy team ever. There were others that I liked too, Abbott and Costello, the Three Stooges, the Marx Brothers, Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis...but none came close to Laurel and Hardy.

thundurchasur

Familiar Face
Disclaimer: I asked for a dark plum ribbon and matching binding. I know there are differences in how people see colors and even more in how monitors display them.
8db9ed9ff1a694fe70ac93d3b00742c8.jpg

That's bright! Internet browsers aren't color managed so it's always going to be difficult to get accurate colors online. Add to that the fact that most people don't bother, or know about, white balancing their cameras/phones (WB). For accurate photos, it's best to photograph in natural, indirect light and put something white in the photo because it makes it easy to go back and color correct.

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Terry! I usually have my lady friend help me out with color choices but she is laid up in New York right now. It seems I have color deficient vision in certain spectrums and sometimes I need a little help. All part of the fun.
Women have more color receptors in their eyes, Rick. It's not just that they're fussy, they can actually see colors better.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

humanshoes

One Too Many
My friend from the north, belfastboy, sent a few pics of his new beaver/mink custom hat and, with his permission, I'll share them here. This is another great example of the customer ordering an open crowned hat and bashing it to his own unique style.
We spent a good deal of time collaborating on this one (with one initial reject that I kept for myself) and I'm thrilled that he's happy with the finished product.
The beaver/mink blend felt is very soft and dense and almost as much a pleasure to work with as was the man I made the hat for. You rock that hat bb. Wear it in good health.
Beaver Mink 1.jpg
Beaver Mink 2.jpg
Beaver Mink 3.jpg

My friend from the north, belfastboy, sent a few pics of his new beaver/mink custom hat and, with his permission, I'll share them here. This is another great example of the customer ordering an open crowned hat and bashing it to his own unique style.
We spent a good deal of time collaborating on this one (with one initial reject that I kept for myself) and I'm thrilled that he's happy with the finished product.
The beaver/mink blend felt is very soft and dense and almost as much a pleasure to work with as was the man I made the hat for. You rock that hat bb. Wear it in good health.
View attachment 199610 View attachment 199611 View attachment 199612

The pastry roller belongs to my wife and is an excellent tool to put in the centre dent bash! The hard part is sneaking it out and back into the kitchen. Rick did an excellent job of fulfilling my vision for what is (was) to be my last hat. I figured I would top the collection with the mink/beaver blend and call it a day. However I decided to get Rick to make one last hat for me out of a Tonak antelope finish in a somewhat unique style (at least for me)...stay tuned as it is a January delivery.

The family now has 4 of Rick's creations in the home, 3 for me and 1 for my wife. I can say that his hat making skills are an equal to my other customs from 8 other custom makers. Thank you, Rick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana