Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Photographs Of Hats Fresh From Surviving The Elements

Orthodox visitors protect their hats during the recent snowfall in Jerusalem.

700_4vlu89qjgozqduknxzpvo10zceg3bsl8.jpg

Lotsahats

One Too Many
These hat covers never made sense to me, especially with the really stiff Satmar hats. You could barely dent those hats with a hose, much less a little rain or snow! Indeed, sweating in a heavy black hat in a typical New York or Jerusalem summer is harder on them.

A

Lotsahats

One Too Many
The hats are usually long-haired hats, and they aren't cheap, especially when you have a big family, which is why there's a lot made of protecting your hat. I just never saw the damage that would warrant putting a plastic bag over a nice hat. :)

Aaron

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Those hats are sitting reeeaaally high on their heads...I wonder if that is intentional or a result of donning the plastic protectors.

Last edited:

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
It's a rainy night shift here at the water treatment plant, and the flash on my iPhone made the raindrops glow on my hat:
photo-2.jpg

casechopper

Just got in from an hour and a half of climbing around on the roof at work fixing the heat.

Akubra Squatter
IMG_2691s.JPG

IMG_2704s.JPG

Back inside and it's time to get some hot coffee
IMG_2707.JPG

casechopper

The squatter is a different model that normally has a wider brim and bound edge. This one has been cut down to have a smaller raw brim.

MCrider

A-List Customer
Here is the first "documented" showing of the Fedora Lounge Camp Draft surviving the elements! Got caught out in the rain storm yesterday. Needless to say it came through without a hitch.

S5031685_zps2c3b065c.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Early shoveling followed by ice chopping by the boat house and preparing some wood for grilling later this afternoon. I am working in my Akubra Camp Draft (F.L. bluegrass edition). It is proving to be an excellent wearing hat here in Minnesota.

IMG_4518-M.jpg

My outside gear on the porch waiting for me to brush them off and hang them up.

IMG_4521-M.jpg

Eric -

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy