Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Photographs Of Hats Fresh From Surviving The Elements

Willebe

A-List Customer
Afternoon thunderstorm.
5b2564914083f255242d1992f3c1f7b1.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Your conclusions will be interesting.
My Santone Woomera has been pretty well soaked (but not soaked thru) 2-3 times & I noticed a change in the brim, not so much in the crown. The brim definitely is softer & more flexible now with a great touch to the hand. But the brim on the Woomera is thicker than the brims of either my Cattleman or Coober Pedy. That may factor in somehow; I'm just not sure. The Cattleman has been in rain 2-3 times now, has a slightly different touch to the hand but not as nice yet as the Woomera & so far that is all that has changed. When wet the crown does have that nice clay-like feel & I take advantage of that in refining the crown shape.

This fall & winter when my black hats come back out I'm sure my black Woomera will get it's chance in the rain & snow. And perhaps my Santone Fawn Coober Pedy. I'm hoping the black Woomera will react similar to how the Santone Woomera did. I would expect the Coober Pedy to be similar to however the Cattleman ends up being.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo