Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Photos of cool jackets owned by others (non-brand specific)

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Ive always been interested in this jacket. How do you like it?
JMax,
After writing about it last night I pulled it out of the pile and I’m wearing it right now this morning, feels like hanging out with an old friend that you haven’t seen for a while!
It’s a very nice, no frills, cross zip. I had them make it in the medium weight cowhide since heavy was no longer available, not as thick as the leather many of us here prefer but still a solid jacket.
This jacket really excels when it comes to freedom of movement, the full action back and the under arm gussets allow more mobility than any other MC jacket I have owned. The original model did not have an action back but the guys at Langlitz suggested I consider it because it really helps with reach. For someone like you, who actually wears these things on a motorcycle as intended, I think you would really appreciate a jacket like this.

JMax,
After writing about it last night I pulled it out of the pile and I’m wearing it right now this morning, feels like hanging out with an old friend that you haven’t seen for a while!
It’s a very nice, no frills, cross zip. I had them make it in the medium weight cowhide since heavy was no longer available, not as thick as the leather many of us here prefer but still a solid jacket.
This jacket really excels when it comes to freedom of movement, the full action back and the under arm gussets allow more mobility than any other MC jacket I have owned. The original model did not have an action back but the guys at Langlitz suggested I consider it because it really helps with reach. For someone like you, who actually wears these things on a motorcycle as intended, I think you would really appreciate a jacket like this.

Thank you. That confirms my impressions of the jacket. Its one of my favorites. I enjoy looking at it.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
This is a true beauty, isn't it. Unfortunately not mine. Some Japanese vintage store is offering it for sale. As cool and rare as this jacket may be, $2100 is a bit steep imo.

My jealousy abated. Yes, a beauty. Seldom seen. This is the jacket I quietly await.

Do you have a link to the store?

The FC in question is a bit of a yawn fest imho. I'd much prefer an original CAL or Langlitz. As with most Japanese M/C jackets it looks a bit like the reduced calorie version. The steetwear equivalent. Nothing wrong with that if that's what you're after.

Blackadder

Well, that's all true but Iron Heart actually had legal problems with Levi's but managed to settle things out. I think it was the back pocket design that pissed Levi's off & rightfully so. But Type-3 being so generic & made by thousands of makers all over the world, there's no way Levi's can do anything about it anymore, other than claim they came up with the original, which they have & it works.

Same with with Schott and FCL - Everyone's ripping off the Perfecto (let's ignore for a moment whether Schott came up with it or not) and FCL openly admits they're producing a copy of a 60's Schott so I'm sure they've reached some sort of a deal. It's a good advertisement for Schott just as well, I'd reckon.

However, Langlitz is a small time, family run business with a very small & very distinct line up of leather jackets. Copying a generic CHP is one thing but provided that no permission was given, knocking off LL Columbia down to the tiniest bit of decorative stitching is a completely different matter.

Problem is, FCL is being sold internationally while nobody ever heard of Westride (not even Google, it would appear) so yeah... Not sure how they plan on getting away with this one.
It may be confusing to layman but the legal dispute between Levi's and certain Japanese denim companies (not just Iron Heart) was about trademark. The argument there was that the red tag and V stitch are part of the trademark of Levi's and that is where the infringement is. Trademark can be registered. The design detail of a piece of clothing is simple copyright if it isn't part of the trademark. I have yet to see any fashion brand suing another for that sort of copyright infringement. Technically, it may be possible but it contradicts with the custom of the clothing industry because this sort of copying and reviving designs happens all the time. If one breaks this unspoken rule then there would be constant retaliation. Hypothetically, Cal Leather could sue Langlitz for the side laces then LL would in turn sue Cal for copying the handwarmer pockets then so on and so forth. So while clothing brands regularly sue others for infringement of trademark and passing off (involving misleading and/or misrepresentation e.g. FCL misleading consumers to believe that it is LL), they do not take action if it involves purely copying of a design.
We are not talking about just type 3, all three types Levi's denim jacket were copied and also the Lee 101J series. There are also tons of other examples I have mentioned earlier in another thread like Dior's and many others' tribute to Addidas army trainer, all the same looking trench coats from different brands. I don't see how those differ from LL-FCL other than sentimental reasons. I get it that there is often strong sentiment regarding small companies' protection. But as you pointed out the lessor known Westride would cause less damage, the damage caused to LL is also way below that done to Levi's and Lee hence we should be even more concern about Levi's and Lee in stead of dismissing it by saying there is nothing Levi's can do because of the scale. IMO, you should get rid of your Iron Heart jackets and start boycotting Iron Heart from now on.;)

Colin G

One Too Many
The FC in question is a bit of a yawn fest imho. I'd much prefer an original CAL or Langlitz. As with most Japanese M/C jackets it looks a bit like the reduced calorie version. The steetwear equivalent. Nothing wrong with that if that's what you're after.

I'll agree with you there. My second langlitz, a Cascade did not work out so I needed an MC jacket asap and bought a Rainbow Country J-100 type which I really like, and your description is spot on. A reduced calorie version.

I would feel more safe sliding across the pavement in it than a Thedi but wish it had a bit thicker hide, more substantial lining and leather facing around the inner cuffs and bottom hem just to beef it up a bit. The vintagey Waldes main zip is also a piece of shit. I predict a reline and new main zip by JL in a couple years.

red devil

I'll agree with you there. My second langlitz, a Cascade did not work out so I needed an MC jacket asap and bought a Rainbow Country J-100 type which I really like, and your description is spot on. A reduced calorie version.

I would feel more safe sliding across the pavement in it than a Thedi but wish it had a bit thicker hide, more substantial lining and leather facing around the inner cuffs and bottom hem just to beef it up a bit. The vintagey Waldes main zip is also a piece of shit. I predict a reline and new main zip by JL in a couple years.

Thedi comes in different thicknesses, I would rather slide in my tan Thedi - I would rather not because I love it, but from a safety perspective - then quite a few other jackets.

118395557_209166500630892_3402415578291847587_n.jpg

118338467_358129378538426_115924976556854898_n.jpg

@Monitor After post number 268 of a FCL jacket I guess it’s time for you make your funds available and buy one....otherwise I will do so and ship it to you ;)
:D

Lol! Well... Best I continue posting more FCL pics then! :D Seriously though, won't happen. I had to pay lawyers fees $5000 just two months ago and now I got taxed at $2000 'cause the case has been closed in my favor so I really don't see FC in any foreseeable future. In fact, I'm going to have to sell a good three or four jackets now. Levi's included.

Last edited:

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
118338467_358129378538426_115924976556854898_n.jpg

Lol! Well... Best I continue posting more FCL pics then! :D Seriously though, won't happen. I had to pay lawyers fees $5000 just two months ago and now I got taxed at $2000 'cause the case has been closed in my favor so I really don't see FC in any foreseeable future. In fact, I'm going to have to sell a good three or four jackets now. Levi's included.
I feel sorry you, Man! I didn’t know this and just wanted to make a joke. I really hope things will change for the better for you very soon!!

I feel sorry you, Man! I didn’t know this and just wanted to make a joke. I really hope things will change for the better for you very soon!!

Hahaha, all good. It's okay, I'm just whining to feel better. Things are actually very positive as the lawsuit that's been going on for literally 20 years is finally over and I won and now I can finally sell the property but I still had to pay my lawyers and now I got taxed and... I think I've wasted more money than what the stinking land is worth in those 20 years that I couldn't do anything with it so it's all been just one really crappy ordeal I could've lived without.

IG keeps spamming me with FCL pics and I love it. I hope that one day I'll meet someone who owns this jacket so I can see it in person. I just can't seem to figure out what kind of leather is it exactly.

116910674_166706764946209_8599985943153880173_n.jpg

118248929_378570973131347_1624387486713149968_n.jpg

103797771_3641698222526810_7535781971990614992_n.jpg

67593103_722221054891332_2849174843439043963_n.jpg

if you win, don't that mean the losing side would pay your lawyer, or reimburse you the cost of your legal trouble?

It's... Well, not that simple. It was a very complicated case that my family initiated. I had no clue this was even going on, only found out about it later on and by then everyone else was dead, even most of the opposing party. I could've either given up on the land or pursue it and I figured if so much time & money was already wasted on it, I'll see it to the end, whatever the outcome (which wasn't looking favorable). And I have and won but it wasn't cheap. Wish my folks lived long enough to see it finished. We'd have a celebration. Now I can't even do that 'cause there's no one to celebrate with. Life kinda sucks. Then again, I'm still alive and healthy so it's all good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner