Photos of cool jackets owned by others (non-brand specific)

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Superfluous, Mar 14, 2017.

1. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

Beck 333, one of the coolest!

Lebowski likes this.
  2. dannyk

dannyk One Too Many

That Beck is a perfect example of how much better most modern jackets are. I mean other than it’s old it looks very well made and it’s a killer design that has been recreated and/or tweaked to death. It’s fantastic. But how thin it looks and it doesn’t have super intricate stitching from what you can tell at least. Super cool for sure, but today’s jackets in terms of build quality are mostly just better. Of course we can quibble which makers and some classic makers cranked out some great constructed jackets like a lot of Cals. I just mean overall.

Lebowski, roadking04 and red devil like this.
  3. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

Well, it is a Schott...:p

Lebowski and dannyk like this.
  4. MrProper

MrProper Practically Family

I know that this combination has been posted somewhere here before, but no longer where.
    In any case I could like that. does anyone know the brand or have more pictures?
    26D7F246-2EC1-4E45-BE08-CE58F26D73D3.jpeg

Mrfrown, Jin431 and Marc mndt like this.
  5. 58panheadfan

58panheadfan Practically Family

MrProper likes this.
  6. MrProper

Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
  7. 58panheadfan

58panheadfan Practically Family

Edward likes this.
  8. MrProper

The need is not that great. But thanks ;-)

9. Edward

Edward Bartender

It's very much a cut I'd expect to see in a late Victorian / early Edwardian lounge suit jacket. It's look great worn over 20s, maybe very early 30s styles, but it would certainly be liable to look 'off' if not committed to an overall look sympathetic to the cut and design.

Very much so, imo.

I like these a lot. I remember every Canadian who ever came for a semester in Belfast when I was at university there seemed to have a vintage jacket in this style. I like these Spiderman colours, I could almost see myself wearing one of these, especially of the right one popped up on sale.

The Chinese companies like Bronson and Non-stock seem to be taking a lot of their cues from the Japanese market. Certainly China could emerge as a source of "affordable versions of Japanese" in the same way as Japan did to the US at one time. I'd love one of those Aviator vests for wearing over a leather, but to date irrespective of the brand they all seem to stop just one or two sizes shy of what I would need.

Marc mndt likes this.
  10. Monitor

Monitor

Seems like a nice jacket! Fine Creek.

[​IMG]

ai00344, MrProper and Jin431 like this.
  11. Marc mndt

Marc mndt One Too Many

Looks exactly like tis Trophy Hummingbird Jacket F1797918-B687-448B-9149-E03808B2A480.jpeg

handymike and Berto like this.
  12. RL204

RL204 Familiar Face

Here‘s another vest option. N1 deck vest by iron heart. I use mine all winter. Adds warmth and has hand warmer pockets to get me through my long winters.

54A96C09-4DAF-42B7-B124-0B7CCF48C189.jpeg
    BABD7CE5-D935-47FB-A52A-852AF7550465.jpeg

13. Bfd70

Bfd70 Call Me a Cab

I really want to do this just to extend the season and get some wear out of my leather. Getting cold here.

RL204 likes this.
  14. Mich486

Mich486 One Too Many

Not feeling it to be honest. Looks like a lot of weight to carry and the leather barely shows apart from the arms. I think it’d make more sense a vest you can wear under but then again... why not just a proper winter jacket. There are so many cool coats out there.

HoosierDaddy likes this.
  15. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

Thedi should just combine the two.

16. HarryLime

HarryLime New in Town

Anyone know of any other good options for this style?

17. MrProper

I'll take the vests shown here as inspiration and design something and let Shawn make it for me.

18. Monitor

Monitor

Dunno why but FC always looks great on Japanese dudes. Maybe it's just that FC posts photos where people wear these jackets casually. Those cuff checking cosplayers really kinda ruin it by taking the whole thing too far.

[​IMG]

19. Berto

Berto One of the Regulars

I really love this one: Thedi MTC 12799

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

58panheadfan and Monitor like this.
  20. Marc mndt

Marc mndt One Too Many

I get what you're saying if I look at the guy on the left. His outfit looks great. But if I were interested in the cafe racer on the right, this outfit wouldn't tell me anything about the actual fit/proportions of the jacket. The low waist pants make it hard to get an idea about the jacket length. Also, wearing it baggy over a hoodie is not how a cr should be worn (imo). But of course that's just my opinion :)