Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Photos of cool jackets owned by others (non-brand specific)

Found this on ebay. It’s got everything I love and a whole lot of “swagger”..if you are a 36-38, 5’9ish and don’t mind a zipper repair- buy it!!!!!
312E6AE8-A9F4-4B1A-9393-EB2E3BE1C7F4.jpeg

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender
I really like this version of the Leathertogs (even if it is modified) which is also made of Shinki HH

View attachment 316271

I've really come to admire this 'bellhop' style. So far all the makers I've seen doing them are above my comfort zone price-wise, but hopefully sooner or later than will be a more "budget" version.

That's what I meant when I said patches, I think they add a bit of a racing element to it :)

I wonder are they just cosmetic, or are they to accommodate d30 bits? Either way, it's a nice style. Puts me in mind of what Lewis did to the standard Lightning 391 design with the Star Lightning c.1978. Nicely integrated so they look part of the design rather than 'stuck on'.

I appreciate that Himel Bros aren't the flavour of the month around here, but this unlined, minimalist café racer really does it for me.

View attachment 316458

Good way of showing off a hide without any 'distractions'. Not sure I could live without any pockets as I prefer to have my trouser pocket emptied into the jacket, but I like the look. I'm definitely keen on the idea of an unlined jacket at some point.

Hope this hasn't been posted yet. If so, I missed it ;-)
View attachment 316980

Is that the same model, new (right) and after a period of wear and sun exposure (left)?

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Green label, early 50s Custom Langlitz.

I like the simplicity of the single pocket on the front. Nice back design too; immediately makes me think of a pair of traditional leather gloves with the three, sewn lines / pleats on the back of the hand. Nice design echo detail if you were wearing a pair of gloves like that with it. Interesting too in that it draws the eye in a way that emphasises the shoulder width; could be very flattering on the right physique.

Edward

Bartender
If I interpret that correctly, then yes.
The details look like it too.
I think the aged version is really great.
I hope that my unfinished HH jacket will be like this once I have it.

I really quite fancy the idea of something simple and unlined - like a cafe racer, but with a collar - in a leather like this. Natural leather would be particularly a good one for going unlined, given the lack of risk of dye transfer. (Many years ago, I had a leather jacket I wore to a gig; the leather leeched dye onto my t-shirt in that hot environment. Not that it was a jacket of the sort of quality we're into in these parts, but it did make me somewhat wary since.) The way these jackets age in the sun is superb.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Couldbean option - a Sheene, or maybe even something like a Premier Halfbelt. Possibly need a pocket on front though to make up for lack of inner pockets. Maybe an unlined, natural Horween Royale.... oh, my...
Better be goat, goat suede is velvety soft wont chew your clothes, cattle suede is rough in drier veg tan it would even be rougher like kitchen scrubber, i only assume horse is too since they are comparable in size and how their grain looks.

Graemsay

Practically Family
Good way of showing off a hide without any 'distractions'. Not sure I could live without any pockets as I prefer to have my trouser pocket emptied into the jacket, but I like the look. I'm definitely keen on the idea of an unlined jacket at some point.

The Himel jacket has the leather facings inside, so you could copy the pistol pocket design of the M421, although using leather might result

M421 Inside Pocket.jpeg

That would keep the minimalist look of the unlined Kensington, whilst retaining some degree of practicality.

Edward

Bartender
The Himel jacket has the leather facings inside, so you could copy the pistol pocket design of the M421, although using leather might result

View attachment 317404

That would keep the minimalist look of the unlined Kensington, whilst retaining some degree of practicality.

The M421 is a really clever design that way. I wonder has anyone ever produced a leather version?

Cornelius

Practically Family
Had never heard of this M421 jacket before, just looked it up. Curious.
Who these days are making the better repros? [Preferably with 'Long' sizes available]

Saw that too. That would be my „How to speed up my divorce“ jacket. Once I start thinking it might still be worth it, I need to be out of here. :p

Maybe it's best to think about it as "How to speed up my second marriage" jacket! :D In all seriousness, I love it and even tho I was 100% certain I'd never wear fringes, this jacket I would love to own and wear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider