Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Photos of cool jackets owned by others (non-brand specific)

I would like to get those prices for jackets, but I don't see that happening. I may use my etsy shop again and put some jackets up and see what happens.

Once they dry up, you will. There's been a lot more vintage jackets on eBay and elsewhere, when people started realizing they're worth a lot of money, they began selling them. Sears D-pockets used to sell for $100-$150 a few years back, or less, because they weren't Buco but I guess nobody believed up until that point that their ancient leather jacket's worth anything. But they've began disappearing and now cost a lot more money. Same for many other jackets. At least I think so...

Cornelius

Practically Family
This is one I really like from Spain. Just love that lining. Just so small

https://www.etsy.com/listing/758637802/40s-50s-lakeland-bomber-jacket?ref=shop_home_recs_66

il_1140xN.2209393991_jlqk.jpg
il_1140xN.2161835270_m33r.jpg
il_1140xN.2161835414_jpkj.jpg
il_794xN.2209394171_le15.jpg

Love that tag - Wisconsin should start using "The Nation's Playground" as their automobile license plate motto.

Pandemic

One Too Many
What is this? I like it a lot.
I'm trying to refine what I want from a crosszip. I know I want it to be understated and minimal and this is now high on my list of great designs. Thanks

all I know is that the post was from this shop: http://store-motostyle.jp/

I bet Greg Field or Johnson Leather could make a similar, minimalist cross zip to your specs that you would also like.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up

Edward

Bartender
Never seen a pullover like this before.

View attachment 343436 View attachment 343437

Looks like a Gaucho shirt, done in leather. It's interesting. Limited to situations / temperatures where you wouldn't want to wear a jacket 'open', but interesting. Much nicer than any other leather pull-over style I've seen.

High waisted pants making a return to fashion

Let's hope this spills out to the mainstream, it's tedious having to buy all of my clothes online!

1000 Euros Saint Laurent denim jacket. I just like the photos.

eCom-664366YE9574342_A.jpg

Large-664366YE9574342_B.jpg

When I was about fifteen or so I got a denim jacket that I wore right up til my early 20s. I eventually cut the patches off and binned the jacket when the cuffs frayed badly (pity I never thought to cut the sleeves off and make a vest of it). I still can't begin to comprehend anyone paying money of any sort for one on that state, much less actually wearing one! But then I was never into ripped denim, even as a kid. Never cared for the look.

Great color. Vintage turquoise

View attachment 345552

Cyclone. Nice. Lewis tried a number of alternatives to the front half-belt of the Perfecto to avoid tank-scratches; this one made sure the zip puller was nicely covered. Other makers could have learned a lot from this, especially those who put comically large zips on bike jackets in the 70s and 80s.

I always liked that blue colour. I remember it being one of the more popular shades other than black. Back in the early eighties whenever you'd see large groups of bikers in NI (typically on the North Coast in and around the NW200 weekend), while black was by far the most common colour for their leathers, you'd see this sort of petrol blue shade crop up often enough. I associate it a lot with that time period. Not sure when Lewis started doing it, though they did really start pushing the brighter colours as a 'feature' in and around 1978. They were claimed to be good for 'safety' (visibility), though I've long suspected it was also intended as a way to sell leathers to people who had by that point bought into the negative media stereotypes of black leathers that were common by then.

I wonder what they intend that rear D pocket for? It's a visually interesting detail, but I can't imagine wanting to put anything of any value in a pocket on my back!

Vanson x Butterscotch
accepts armor

View attachment 347154

Interesting design. Someone at Vanson is definitely a Lewis fan. They do have a model that is basically the Vanson take on a Lewis Bronx; this one is a Perfecto type, but that forearm zip pocket is pure Lewis. (First introduced in the TwinTrack version of the Bronx issued for the original Bronx's tenth anniversary in 1966, and then spread out across the Lewis range, including pre-existing models.) Interesting to see Vanson putting armour in a more traditional style, though they also appear to have made this design overlong to my eye - I wonder is that to incorporate whatever lower-spine protector they had in mind for it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner