Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Photos of cool jackets owned by others (non-brand specific)

@Edward I imagine the back d pocket is for a passenger on an MC to put gloves or whatever in. A la certain Bucos. I’m not sure I like how it looks in this configuration. It may look cleaner and less like an afterthought without the D.

Plus, armor in a traditional MC jacket? I thought you would doing backflips over the fact that another option, one offered by Vanson, is available. Lol.

Good to see that Vanson is starting to get back out there.

Saw this on IG...
This guy has a fantastic collection, but tends to tag his boots more than jackets...
Anyone know what this could be?
966A8016-6D74-400F-B86A-14A0E7DAD9AF.jpeg

The IG is @harrystarchief
I thought Langlitz too because of the padding, but this is way cooler than anything I’ve seen on any of the Langlitz feeds.

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
The kind of jacket that changes your perspective about a maker. Taubers just moved up a few tiers in my mind.

I saw it sometime back on a vintage clothing site in Japan. It was for sale, I don't recall the price. I considered buying it, I was buying from Japan then, but it looked to difficult. And it would not fit me and would become rather expensive to move.

I've had my eye for one, but my hopes are all I have. Looks like they used the early Buco style police jacket as a model. Don't recall the model number. Has that deep rich horsehide.

There are still interesting older Taubers out there. They were making/selling leather jackets under the Taubers name by 1941,

The kind of jacket that changes your perspective about a maker. Taubers just moved up a few tiers in my mind.

I've been sayin' for years they're the best. Consistently nicest looking true vtg jackets. Whatever tannery they were sourcing their hide from... One of those things forever lost that won't ever be repeated.

I've been sayin' for years they're the best. Consistently nicest looking true vtg jackets. Whatever tannery they were sourcing their hide from... One of those things forever lost that won't ever be repeated.

Ive heard you and others. And appreciated the Taubers flowing through here. But this jacket is like a brick to the head.

Forever lost, I like that. Very true.

Edward

Bartender
@Edward I imagine the back d pocket is for a passenger on an MC to put gloves or whatever in. A la certain Bucos. I’m not sure I like how it looks in this configuration. It may look cleaner and less like an afterthought without the D.

I wonder is the 'D' an easier way of adding a pocket there, as it's just stitched on top rather than feeding into the lining like a regular pillion pocket. If it's big enough for gloves, that would make sense.

Plus, armor in a traditional MC jacket? I thought you would doing backflips over the fact that another option, one offered by Vanson, is available. Lol..

THat's definitely a plus - just a pity it looks overlong and seems to distort the proportions. Otherwise, yes, always a good thing to see. Always surprises me it's taken so many years of retro styling being big on bikes for that to start to filter out to the riding gear too.

Cornelius

Practically Family

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112