Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Photos of cool jackets owned by others (non-brand specific)

hieu

A-List Customer
That All Weather is amazing.
Some more photos:

149909045.jpeg

149909045_o3.jpeg

149909045_o14.jpeg

To be honest, I haven't really been into MC jackets so I'm not sure what features to look for. What do you like about this jacket in particular?

Some more photos:

View attachment 485098
View attachment 485099
View attachment 485100

To be honest, I haven't really been into MC jackets so I'm not sure what features to look for. What do you like about this jacket in particular?

I see this jacket as more aviator style than MC. I don’t think this jacket would be awesome on a bike (snap-less lapels, wide cuffs without some way to tighten them, no zips on hand warmer pockets, no way to truly tighten up the waist, no gussets/AB/footballs?, etc.) That said, I’d probably wear it on my bike. Haha.

To me it’s normally 90% about the hide. I do own an All Weather Police/MC jacket so I can tell you the HH is out of this world and the jacket is extremely well made. The collar is nice too. I don’t know, I like the overall design of the jacket. The back yoke is cool. My All Weather has a straight yoke. I do wish the belts to cinch the jacket were higher up. I personally do not like them so low, aesthetically and from an effectiveness standpoint.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Some more photos:

View attachment 485098
View attachment 485099
View attachment 485100

I think the jacket is cool and a bit attention grabbing with the collar size, however the rest of the wearer's outfit is very uniqlo ish muted minimalistic, I expected to see an oversize cream fleece chorecoat... and would probably fit his aesthetic better.

hieu

A-List Customer
I see this jacket as more aviator style than MC. I don’t think this jacket would be awesome on a bike (snap-less lapels, wide cuffs without some way to tighten them, no zips on hand warmer pockets, no way to truly tighten up the waist, no gussets/AB/footballs?, etc.) That said, I’d probably wear it on my bike. Haha.

To me it’s normally 90% about the hide. I do own an All Weather Police/MC jacket so I can tell you the HH is out of this world and the jacket is extremely well made. The collar is nice too. I don’t know, I like the overall design of the jacket. The back yoke is cool. My All Weather has a straight yoke. I do wish the belts to cinch the jacket were higher up. I personally do not like them so low, aesthetically and from an effectiveness standpoint.
Wow, thanks for the really detailed response!

Mentally I had thrown all cross zips under the MC jacket umbrella but now that you've analyzed it, a jacket like this would be impractical for riding. I definitely agree with you on the low cinches, seems to me like most patterns taper enough anyways. Personally I'm finding myself drawn to cross zips with a half belt.

Regarding the leather it does look real nice. I haven't seen much info on All Weather jackets anywhere in the forum (besides yours which I assume is the one from Terry's videos).

Mentally I had thrown all cross zips under the MC jacket umbrella but now that you've analyzed it, a jacket like this would be impractical for riding. I definitely agree with you on the low cinches, seems to me like most patterns taper enough anyways. Personally I'm finding myself drawn to cross zips with a half belt.

Regarding the leather it does look real nice. I haven't seen much info on All Weather jackets anywhere in the forum (besides yours which I assume is the one from Terry's videos).

NP. My All Weather is not TM’s jacket. I found mine on eBay for like $200, labeled “black motorcycle jacket”. Lucky me.

3C1F8D2A-B7D2-41EA-A74B-7DED85D57C83.jpeg
2DA04C1E-4CB9-48DE-871A-A6B80DBCF2B5.jpeg

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up

That is a very nice All Weather jacket. I don't recall an aviator style from them. All Weather is a brand from the San Francisco area that made a variety of leather outerwear. I've owned a couple of their Brand.

My theory is that "All Weather" was a brand not a maker. Not sure who the maker was. Their jackets are typically high quality horsehide.

hieu

A-List Customer
No, not a connection. This is just using the term, but not as a brand. I've seen the Sport Jacket label

Ah that makes sense, so "All Weather" is like an advertising phrase. I've seen a couple jackets with Leather Garment Co. San Francisco on the label (All Weather, Regius' recently sold Steerhide).

Screen Shot 2023-02-07 at 11.00.46.png

Screen Shot 2023-02-07 at 11.00.42.png

Could this company be the manufacturer? The name sounds quite generic...

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
C15C7278-8440-491B-8796-E3568406F495.jpeg

Recently came across the uncropped/unwarped photo that was used for the cover of Rubber Soul. All of the lads seem to be in suede jackets, besides George (who may well have one under his greatcoat). We have the clearest look at Lennon’s and a bit of research determined that it was made by the bespoke tailor frequented by all four Beatles, Dougie Millings.

A closer photo from its current prison on display at Hard Rock Cafe.

Rubber2BSoul2BJacket.png

Some interesting details here. The jacket, unusual for a trucker, has epaulettes (which seem to have been torn off, perhaps by a mob of fans, not as a ‘fashion statement’ the way Fine Creek customers like). The chest pockets seem to be quite long, too, though otherwise it seems pretty accurate to the Levi’s type design. The cuff is quite different as well.

Certainly an interesting entry in the history of British Americana wear, alongside things like the Lewis Western or Bronx jackets.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
We've all seen that a black trucker jacket was Tommy Ramone's 'Ramone Uniform' (extremely briefly replaced by a Harley-Davidson Cycle Queen) but it seems like offstage he favored the eminently practical Schott 184SM civilian flight jacket.

Screen+Shot+2017-05-23+at+6.31.09+PM.png

It could well be another brand's civilian flight jacket but the pocket shape, size, and it being a New York area brand makes me think it's the Schott.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB