Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Photos of cool jackets owned by others (non-brand specific)

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
9096213C-D0BB-427A-B072-A651ABB84421.jpeg

That moment when you realize your style icon is a 10 year old from 1932.

Mysteryo

One Too Many
It would be interesting to see a real photo of the Lewis Corsair knock-off.

I think that's the closest I've ever seen to looking like a Schott without being one. The mismatched grain is interesting - I quite like it, reminds me of my (long gone) first leather....

From my observations, it IS actually the early 50’s Schott double rider, reproduced here by Fine Creeks, every detail of the pattern, design, and stitching seem to match.
a6a30c64b04905318e467f3bd9b1a49d.jpg

Edward

Bartender
From my observations, it IS actually the early 50’s Schott double rider, reproduced here by Fine Creeks, every detail of the pattern, design, and stitching seem to match.
a6a30c64b04905318e467f3bd9b1a49d.jpg

Yes, they really did nail it; without the label, I'd have thought it was a Schott as they have all the details right - zip pullers, shape, belt buckle..... Very nice job. While I dread to think the price, I'd hazard a guess that it's a fair bit nicer than the production Schotts these days (which may not be a fair comparison if it's twice the price, of course).

roadking04

Practically Family
Yes, they really did nail it; without the label, I'd have thought it was a Schott as they have all the details right - zip pullers, shape, belt buckle..... Very nice job. While I dread to think the price, I'd hazard a guess that it's a fair bit nicer than the production Schotts these days (which may not be a fair comparison if it's twice the price, of course).

Schott Perfecto- Often imitated, never duplicated. Buy the original and call it a day.

Edward

Bartender
This one from Jeansda looks interesting:
View attachment 146681

It's unusual, but I like it. It puts me in mind of a lot of the more offbeat Australian designs I've seen over the years, in particular. This would be very happy at home on the set of the original Mad Max, for instance.

Schott Perfecto- Often imitated, never duplicated. Buy the original and call it a day.

I did - and, quite frankly, it's a very nice mid-priced jacket, but at full retail vastly over-valued. If I hadn't gotten a good, used deal, I wouldn't bother. I think they're much cheaper in the US, of course, but for chasing Aero money as they are i the UK? Nah.

dannyk

One Too Many
It's unusual, but I like it. It puts me in mind of a lot of the more offbeat Australian designs I've seen over the years, in particular. This would be very happy at home on the set of the original Mad Max, for instance.

I did - and, quite frankly, it's a very nice mid-priced jacket, but at full retail vastly over-valued. If I hadn't gotten a good, used deal, I wouldn't bother. I think they're much cheaper in the US, of course, but for chasing Aero money as they are i the UK? Nah.
That’s the deal with Schott that always comes up. They are well made, and frankly the creases and patina they get can be otherworldly But they have 0 customization. And they do very limited tailoring for a fee. And they actually will do full custom I found out but for an astronomical fee. So when all these other makers exist it can be hard to justify. But if you’re looking for a good mid price jacket they are just fine.

Last edited:

Gamma68

One Too Many
I really like the look of the Fine Creek Leathers jackets and I'm sure they're very well-made (they'd better be for the price). But I'm not sure about one thing in particular that stands out: the mismatched graining in the front panels. I think this is really cool when it just happens to occur naturally in a jacket over time. My Walter Dyer naked cowhide jacket is like this. But the majority of FCL jackets I've seen have this effect--the left side is highly grained while the right has next to no graining. It as though it's a FCL "signature" but after seeing it so often in their products, the effect comes across to me as overly contrived.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk