Photos of cool jackets owned by others (non-brand specific)

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Superfluous, Mar 14, 2017.

1. red devil

red devil One Too Many

I really like the idea, can already envision several jackets out of it as most of us here can :D
    It's not a problem but a skill... Don't you think so @handymike :D

My freewheelers little wing opened me up to 70s jackets, been looking for a while to expand on it. Any good resources on this style? That's another rabbit hole I am itching to jump in :D

Mich486 likes this.
  2. Seb Lucas

Seb Lucas I'll Lock Up

ton312 likes this.
  3. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

Y2 Leathers
    E3F746ED-3DC2-45DE-ACE2-D872101E7528.jpeg
    4AC7A72C-0E5B-48F8-873C-0AF011FFB710.jpeg

4. navetsea

navetsea Call Me a Cab

i like the cuff

5. I do like that Y2 design handymike. It is a double button but everything is placed so well compared to others that it eliminates the bell hop look. Very nice.
    HD

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
    nick123 and handymike like this.
  6. Graemsay

Graemsay Practically Family

Verha cross-zip jacket, currently on eBay. Shame about the overly shiny restoration.

Verha Front.jpg

Verha Back.jpg

It looks as though there aren't any handwarmer pockets, only the one on the chest.

Bushman likes this.
  7. barnabus

barnabus Practically Family

This popped up on Fine Creek's Instagram:

[​IMG]

8. Edward

Edward Bartender

Not a fan of the seventies design, but I do very much like that 'redcore' hide. Would look great on a D pocket or a HWM, imo.

9. Bennarion

Bennarion One Too Many

A cool jacket. It looks simple and beautiful.

10. barnabus

Just sayin'

[​IMG]

11. Monitor

Monitor I'll Lock Up

12. zebedee

zebedee One Too Many

happy_gallery_107recap_09.png Looks like something out of 'Happy!' season one.

13. RL204

RL204 New in Town

58B1D1BF-395E-4AE0-AC42-BDE2326D8AEB.jpeg Absolutely beautiful jacket. Purchased from the trunk of a car owned by an indigenous gentleman around 1982 in Winnipeg Manitoba Canada. Then the jacket sat in a closet for 35 years. Real fur. Cool red leather under the back of the collar. Super duper warm. It was -42C in this picture. Jacket still looks like it’s new.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
  14. barnabus

More from Fine Creek.[​IMG]

Tusche, navetsea, Boyo and 7 others like this.
  15. Bennarion

Bennarion One Too Many

The leather looks amazing

16. Graemsay

Norshor Leathers Tweedy. It's not apparent in the photos that I've posted, but there are a couple of basic handwarmer pockets on the front.

Tweedy Front.jpg
    Tweedy Back.jpg

17. Edward

Edward Bartender

Have you a link to Norshor? I have a very early (possibly the first in the wild?) jacket Mark made from before he was even Superior Flight Togs, then Norshor. (Mark used to post here as Fishmoek.) Must look it out - alas, I'll have to sell it as it's just too small for me, but even then his work was very nice. Nice to hear he's still in business when so many start-ups haved come and gone.

I'm always curious how many of those really brightly coloured options Lewis sell. I can't imagine many - but yet it must be popular enough or they wouldn't offer them... If memory serves, they first started offering things like canary yellow and blaze orange in 1978, marketing them as a safety feature. Certainly wouldn't lose yourself in the dark in those! The yellow remonds me of a jacket Kirsty Swanson mooned over as Buffy the Vampire slayer in the original film.

I'd love to see how they process their hides; they do seem to do an amazing job of convincingly aging them without making them look worn out before they've been out on the town.

18. patrick_b

patrick_b One of the Regulars

Where was this taken? Great image!

I'm with you. Pictures of their worn jackets are stunning & their IG feed is something else. Sadly they aren't made to fit a guy my size.

Note, I don't think these are pre-distressed. I'm guessing the pictured jacket is one that's been worn for a while. Their new jackets look like like any other unworn jacket.

navetsea and Edward like this.
  19. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

Edward likes this.
  20. Graemsay

@Monitor the Norshor "Tweedy" might be an alternative to an Indy. It's a similar sort of cut.