Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Photos of cool jackets owned by others (non-brand specific)

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
FourSpeed Leathers also got it right.

89634753_1776394295829913_1307904188302229504_o.jpg

80464470_500232310849099_954202265130507752_n.jpg

Also, @ton312...
82285611_112045400324290_923353708894012703_n.jpg

80640221_546969022556556_6172082653997794153_n.jpg

80657125_191503645346670_3988466357587286708_n.jpg
Whoa!!
Pics #2-5 made me change jackets...twice.
That hide...look at that hide!
Thanks M.
B

Looks like askinny Mark Hamill. Needs to tuck his shirt in. I'll let you knowwhat else I think when I'm done twitching at the tan book / black jacket combo. :p

There really is some Mark Hamill there! As for the boots / jacket, would you believe me that I never ever have matched these items in three years? :D

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
There really is some Mark Hamill there! As for the boots / jacket, would you believe me that I never ever have matched these items in three years? :D

Good for you. I don't generally like the look of matching boots or belts with jackets. It looks a bit gauche or mummy's boy to my eye. I have never matched these items except by accident. This guy is one of the few people I've seen who pulls off one of these jackets. Maybe it's the fact it is so worn and full of character.

Good for you. I don't generally like the look of matching boots or belts with jackets. It looks a bit gauche or mummy's boy to my eye. I have never matched these items except by accident. This guy is one of the few people I've seen who pulls off one of these jackets. Maybe it's the fact it is so worn and full of character.

Yep, me neither. Well, I must've at some point matched black leather jackets and black boots but in general I'll avoid it as much as I can. It's exactly that, too pose-y. That's why I'm super happy with having cordovan boots. Just wear 'em with anything as nothing else I have matches.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
how I see it matchy matchy leather probably has more to do with formal attire setting because all leather involved have to be impeccable looking, when you put on few years old leather jacket or natural belt, I think automatically you can't follow the rule even if you try, your boots will have more scuff than your jacket, your jacket probably has more sunfade across the shoulder and back, while your belt is steadily stained and getting darker all the time, so easy way to make it matches is just to save your photos as black and white, everything looks cooler in black and white pics anyway.

Edward

Bartender

Ha... It's probably the more 'vintage accurate' thing in terms of what peopel actually did as opposed to what is "correct", given - aswe tend to forget in these parts - how little disposable income the average person had back when. Still makes me feel..... itchy, though. Wasn't always like this.... I remember wearing brown boots with black jeansat university, but these days I hate it.

Yep, me neither. Well, I must've at some point matched black leather jackets and black boots but in general I'll avoid it as much as I can. It's exactly that, too pose-y. That's why I'm super happy with having cordovan boots. Just wear 'em with anything as nothing else I have matches.

Oxblood leather is the universal match.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up

Well call me a poser, because i would not leave the house with brown shoes and a black jacket.
I don't care about the belt, i usually wear a natural leather belt, but to me black and brown worn together looks like crap.
I think you can get away with mixing tan and black, or cordovan and black, but not brown and black...

Downunder G Man

One Too Many
because i would not leave the house with brown shoes and a black jacket.

Hey I resemble that remark (haha) ! My Lucchese boot collection go with any jacket from that collection.

Brown Ostrich , Grey sueded Hippo , Cordovan Ostrich , tan calf , Black crocodile, Natural Alligator , Python etc etc...

dannyk

One Too Many
I think it all depends on the specific boots, jacket, belt etc..Really it does. Theres so many different shades of black and brown. Theres so many different styles and cuts. Ive seen it pulled of perfectly and Ive seen it clash disgustingly ha. I dont think I can make a blanket statement on it. Show me the individual outfit and then Ill decide if it works.

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Ha... It's probably the more 'vintage accurate' thing in terms of what peopel actually did as opposed to what is "correct", given - aswe tend to forget in these parts - how little disposable income the average person had back when. Still makes me feel..... itchy, though. Wasn't always like this.... I remember wearing brown boots with black jeansat university, but these days I hate it.

Oxblood leather is the universal match.

Yes, one of the reasons I love that colour!

Well call me a poser, because i would not leave the house with brown shoes and a black jacket.
I don't care about the belt, i usually wear a natural leather belt, but to me black and brown worn together looks like crap.
I think you can get away with mixing tan and black, or cordovan and black, but not brown and black...

I avoid mixing brown and black as much as possible as well

Edward

Bartender

Black and tan? No politics in the house, please! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leatherpatch