Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Photos of cool jackets owned by others (non-brand specific)

Leigh H

Practically Family
Spotted this biker jacket in a google presentation, what is that? langlitz?

1HDtH6R.jpg

EAC

One of the Regulars
Western Suede Jacket by Bare Knuckles, a young (2018) fashion brand:

1659878116415.png

1659878149821.png

It was released towards the end of 2020 as a part of the brand's Collection Five in two colors (black and tan); now it's sold out and can be found on second hand webshops at more than twice the retail price.

Design was probably inspired by this:

1659878306883.png

1659878340845.png

Couple of fit pics (found on the web, not mine):

@sartoriallyinc on IG
1659894461573.png

from a Grailed listing
1659894507400.png

Despite the heavily vintage inspired design and cut (approximately 23'' ptp for 24'' back length on a size L) looks very modern to me, especially the black one.

Last edited:
I've been looking at this jacket (listed on Grailed) for three days now, trying to decide whether it belongs to this or the Worst Jackets thread and it belongs here.

This is one cool jacket.

vXpyFXHwR2sKpebVpk1Q

X1an37o2TBiGi5uo8Q0q

EAC

One of the Regulars
Saint Laurent L17 that's actually seen some wear, something that's rarely seen. Looks great, as expected.

U71mXAhfQAipWnV8ialM

aVN4KEhLTliTypDL0WJ1

SMVBYbGOTYi04lqP8SLC

Nice, never seen something like this, and I'd like to see more.

I think the quality of high fashion products in general is often underestimated; just because a, say, Saint-Laurent, Hérmes, Tom Ford or Ralph Lauren Purple Label jacket is overpriced, it does not necessarily mean it's poorly made with cheap materials.

I've been looking at this jacket (listed on Grailed) for three days now, trying to decide whether it belongs to this or the Worst Jackets thread and it belongs here.

This is one cool jacket.

vXpyFXHwR2sKpebVpk1Q

X1an37o2TBiGi5uo8Q0q

It takes these to wear it, though:

1660292654123.png

Edward

Bartender

This is one cool jacket.

vXpyFXHwR2sKpebVpk1Q

X1an37o2TBiGi5uo8Q0q

Looks like a cross between a Westwood Seditionaries parachute shirt and the Michael Jackson Thriller jacket. Not for me, though I could well imagine it being worn by Tina Turner in Mad Max III.

Looks like a cross between a Westwood Seditionaries parachute shirt and the Michael Jackson Thriller jacket. Not for me, though I could well imagine it being worn by Tina Turner in Mad Max III.

I'm just looking at it and thinking... Is it really any different than any D-pocket? Or that one giant lapels, whatsit called.

Edward

Bartender
I'm just looking at it and thinking... Is it really any different than any D-pocket? Or that one giant lapels, whatsit called.

I don't think many people would bat an eyelid at a d pocket (a lot of people don't even spot the difference between that and the ubiquitous Perfecto style). There are certainly a few jackets popular in these parts that would be similarly unusual on the street today, though. This one puts me in mind of a more eighties fashion take on the much older Swedish military design, come to think of it.

1660308512834.png

I prefer this earlier style myself, but there's a vague sort of family resemblance after a fashion.

Reactions: EAC

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko