Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Photos of hatters tools

HerrSamstag

New in Town
I would be interested in where you found it (location) in Germany.

It's American made with CM sizing. I might be able to find something out about it.

Update: My source couldn't find this machine in their archives. Also no other information.
Thanks! I found it near Cologne. The seller didn't know anything about the machine's past.
I found some similar looking devices in old patents and since I got the correct needles today I am sure now that it is for hat linings. Who knows, maybe it was made to order. I can't even find information on the "hatter's machinery company" what I personally find very uncommon.

The number I posted is correct. In the other patents they say that a simple chainstitch machine can be added to the device and since this one is good for light fabrics of all kind... why not

buler

I'll Lock Up
Straw hat tool

straw_hat_sweatband.JPG

Kuki

One of the Regulars
Hi everyone,
I finally got to set up my Cummins Initial machine, the one that monograms sweatbands with perforated initials, but I'm having trouble getting it to perforate the bottom part of the letters. Any tips? I'm afraid if I dissasemble it to clean it a million parts will tumble down...
Funny enough it works on cardboard (with some brute force) but not on the leather, no matter how hard I lean on the handle!
Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_6100.JPG
    IMG_6100.JPG
    118.1 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_6101.JPG
    IMG_6101.JPG
    126.6 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_6103.JPG
    IMG_6103.JPG
    97.1 KB · Views: 157

humanshoes

One Too Many
can anyone tell me how much a conformater is worth?
I'm certainly no expert Hatter4, however, I came across this little piece on Mark DeCou's site. It may be helpful to you.
eBay’ers Note: If you are Googling to do some research of your own and found this listing, look through my “projects” listing, as I have several of these units shown and one of them may be a match to the one you are researching. If you are wanting pricing, a really rough three piece set is worth about $1000, a good set about $2500, a great set $4500, and a restored set is $6500-$7500, with all numbers subject to change. As with everything, the condition and who is shopping at the time are everything to determining a price, so don’t hold me responsible for anything you do with this data, it’s all just my opinion.

ChicagoWayVito

Practically Family
These just arrived late last week.

blocks.jpg

24 blocks! Two Styles with 12 sizes each from 6 5/8 to 8
Both sets are straight sided, the dome part varies a bit. One blocks at 6 inches and the other at 5 3/4 inches.
These are obviously new blocks, I ordered them from JW Hats.

Letting the acclimate to my house a week before I start taking measurements for my log book.
I know what I will be doing for my Thanksgiving Holiday!!! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran