Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pictures of Art Fawcett's Brooklyn Wanted

MrFusion

One of the Regulars
Anybody got one? It's the next hat from Art I am thinking of getting but I would like to see some action shots!
It's either the Brooklyn or the Jazzman. Using search I found some pics of the Jazzman but not the Brooklyn. Can anyone help me out?:)

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Might want to check with Art, I don't think the numbers have been updated on how many are left. You could end up doing a variation but then again the list of remaining is fairly high.:D

MrFusion

One of the Regulars
Pretty sure I can still get one but I am more interested in seeing one in the wild. Sometimes it's good to see the color of the hat in daylight instead of a camera flash.
I think Duggap has one, but no pics...:(

duggap

Banned
Mr. Fusion, I do in fact have a Brooklyn, that I had Art do in a medium grey color. I am sorry that I don't have the computer savy to post pics but I will get a young man to help me. He will not be in my office until Thursday or Friday. I will take some pics and get him to help me.:)

MrFusion

One of the Regulars
duggap said:
Mr. Fusion, I do in fact have a Brooklyn, that I had Art do in a medium grey color. I am sorry that I don't have the computer savy to post pics but I will get a young man to help me. He will not be in my office until Thursday or Friday. I will take some pics and get him to help me.:)

Great! I look forward to seeing it Duggap! (I could host the pics for you if you wanted) So you had Art do a medium gray instead of the rust color? Did you change the ribbon color too?

Indycop, I did check the thread - no joy. :(

If no one has a Brooklyn in rust, than how about another Art design in rust?

ScottyBlues

Familiar Face
Good timing!

I just received my first hat from Art...a Brooklyn. I'll post some pictures this weekend.

To my eye, the color on the website is a little more orange that the hat looks lin real life. I see it as more toward the brown with just a hint of the orange hue that makes it a rust color.

Really, it's a great color that goes with a lot of things. The ribbon is the perfect complement, making this hat very distinguished looking. This is definitely my new #1!

Keep an eye out here for pictures this weekend.

duggap

Banned
MrFusion, the actual color of my Brooklyn hat, in case you have one of Art's color swatches, was blue smoke. The color, to me, looks about a medium shade of gray. Art picked a navy ribbon for the hat and the brim binding matches the hat color, not the ribbon. It is a very classy looking hat. I can just see the banker with his cane coming into the bank in his dark suit, etc. It is definitely one of my favorite and most worn hats. And I will try and get some pics of it and several other of Art's hats that I haven't shown a pic of yet. Another one you might want to look at is the LaSalle. It looks way better in person than it does on Art's site. It is my all time favorite of Art's hats.:)

indycop

I'll Lock Up
ideaguy said:
I don't believe Art's designs rust...he makes 'em pretty good, I hear.:D
lol lol lol lol lol
Mr.Fusion how about Pm' ing Art directly and asking him if he has a pic of it other than the one on the site.:) He might have one.

MrFusion

One of the Regulars
ScottyBlues said:
I just received my first hat from Art...a Brooklyn. I'll post some pictures this weekend.

To my eye, the color on the website is a little more orange that the hat looks lin real life. I see it as more toward the brown with just a hint of the orange hue that makes it a rust color.

Really, it's a great color that goes with a lot of things. The ribbon is the perfect complement, making this hat very distinguished looking. This is definitely my new #1!

Keep an eye out here for pictures this weekend.

Can't wait to see the pictures, the color sounds just about what I expected.

Duggap, the color combo sounds outstanding. Also looking forward to seeing your hat!:D

Ideaguy, you're correct, they don't rust lol , but they are habit forming!

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
lol lol lol lol

You gents just "made my day"

I'll try to get pics for you via email MrFusion, although sunlight may be a problem. We have a biggun moving in as I type, supposed to snow again tonight.:(

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Art Fawcett said:
lol lol lol lol

You gents just "made my day"

I'll try to get pics for you via email MrFusion, although sunlight may be a problem. We have a biggun moving in as I type, supposed to snow again tonight.:(
Uh oh better get the chainsaw gassed up!:eek:

ScottyBlues

Familiar Face
Link to some pictures

Here are a couple of shots of my Brooklyn taken in daylight. One is in direct sun, the other two are in shade or part shade. One picture has my Akubra Federation Deluxe in brown as a basis of comparison. When I compare these photos to the hat, the color is very accurate so this should give you a good idea of what it will look like.

http://picasaweb.google.com/scottyblues16/Hats02?authkey=yFxdnW6_Sy8

MrFusion

One of the Regulars
Thanks for posting the pictures, ScottyBlues. The felt samples can be somewhat misleading sometimes. Maybe it is the fact that they are small or that I am not veiwing them in the best light - I'm not really sure. Either way, your hat is the color I expected and
it looks fantastic!
The Brooklyn will have to be my next VS purchase. I have been saving all my pennies and I am almost there.

I really like the Jazzman too, but it will have to wait. (I really need to win the lottery! :p )
Hey Art! Is there a drug that will ween me off the VS addiction?!? ;)

Ricbob

New in Town
VERY NICE

Scotty
That is one incredible looking hat. This may need to be the next one i speak to Art about crafting for me.
What a beauty!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sirteen