Pictures of my Stetson Sovereign Homburg

Discussion in 'Hats' started by univibe88, Nov 30, 2008.

1. univibe88

univibe88 One Too Many

Boston has a very well known vintage store called Bobby from Boston. It's on GQ's 100 Best Stores list. I visited this afternoon for the first time. They had a nice little hat section. They had some truly vintage fedoras with beautiful, soft, buttery felt. But they were all too small for me.

I did find this really cool Homburg. You guys can tell me for sure, but my hunch is that it's quite modern. I'm guessing 80s at the oldest. I bought it mostly because of the hat store it came from - Meyer the Hatter. I grew up in New Orleans, so that was very special to me. The hat card inside is very cool too.

I have been thinking about midnight blue Homburg. So finding one in my size from my home town...I just had to go for it. It was $50. Not a bargain, but not a lot of cash laid out either.

My wife went to bed early, so I'll have to get her to take a picture of me wearing it tomorrow.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. moustache

moustache Practically Family

Very nice indeed!!!

Jim

3. Slim Portly

Slim Portly One Too Many

An excellent find, sir.

4. BobC

BobC My Mail is Forwarded Here

Nice find, Karl. Looks really nice. Will be looking forward to seeing you under it.

5. RedPop4

RedPop4 One Too Many

Tremendous find, K.

6. Mr. Paladin

Mr. Paladin My Mail is Forwarded Here

Very nice indeed. I think the classic homburg tyle, as opposed to the more "jazzed up" modern rendition, is my favorite hat. Great history and story as well!

P.S.--Of the non-westerns that is....

7. Flitcraft

Flitcraft One Too Many

Awesome Hat!...

and $50.00 really isn't so bad- I think you got a pretty good score there, my friend!

8. JohnnyGringo

JohnnyGringo A-List Customer

I would have to agree that's a nice find. I'm really needing to add a fur felt Homburg to my wardrobe-notice I said needing, as looking at it that way seems to justify my "investment" to those who may pose the question, "John, do you really need another hat?" So when I respond with, "Yes, by golly, I do need a Homburg!" I can feel like I'm not fibbing...;) Once again, congrats on a nice lid.

9. Jfala

Jfala Familiar Face

Really beautiful Homburg! I think you got a bargain at $50. Enjoy.