Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pike Bros N1 Sizing Question

Maitiu

New in Town
Hello all,

Has anyone purchased one of these recently that could tell me how these are sized? I have a 46" chest and was looking at the XL. But according to the aero website sizing, http://www.aeroleatherclothing.com/photos/257525d59d11d162_Screen shot 2013-10-15 at 16.png, it appears the chest size is for an XL is 27.5" inches. Seems a bit large? Or is it because of the alpaca lining that makes it so large in the chest?

Anyone have a similar build to me and can help me out with sizing? I'm 6'1" 220lbs and have a 46" chest.

Thanks all!

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
Not the same size but, do own one via Aero via Thurstons.
By all accounts looking at the measurements I should be an xsmall. I ordered that and when I put it on i couldn’t raise my arms overhead and it was short in the sleeves. Probably ideally suited for a t-shirt only while posing for catalog photos. For actually wearing, and factoring in a moderately heavy layer to expand its usefulness spectrum i moved to a small. Typically I would be a small in most garments anyhow.
Hope that helps. I’m sure Ton312 will chime in soon. He is between your size and mine and if I recall correctly is in a medium.

Yup. I have a 46” chest and chose a medium. P2p is over 24” and I have gobs of mobility. I suppose mine is something of a trim fit but I certainly don’t feel it. Arms are huge and wide and I have plenty of room in the shoulders. Tomorrow might actually be the fall ‘19 debut for my N1. It’s an absolutely stellar piece of gear.

I am 5’11 about 210lbs btw...

Maitiu

New in Town
Thanks for the info @ton312! How's the room around the waist? I've developed a nice fat roll around my waist here the past couple of years,lol. Not as svelte as I used to be!

Thanks for the info @ton312! How's the room around the waist? I've developed a nice fat roll around my waist here the past couple of years,lol. Not as svelte as I used to be!
It’s pretty trim at the hem. I’ll try and get some pics. Mine measures 20.75” at the hem with the drawstring fully let out.

Peter Mackin

Practically Family
Hi,,I’m approx 5-8 and 188 lbs ,no belly and very fit for my age..could never fit in a pike brother medium,,my size large fits ok,,couldn’t wear a heavy jumper comfortably though

l0fielectronic

Practically Family
I bought an XL from Aero, two years ago I think it was, I'm normally a 44" and it fits with a little room to spare - I like the fit when I'm wearing it, its certainly comfortable and non restrictive but I'm sure I could've fitted into a Large if I'd wanted a more trim fit. If you want any measurements off that XL let me know - I wouldn't base too much emphasis of the pit to pit on this jacket though due to the cut of it.

I think from memory and from the other Deck Jacket thread I've seen mention that the sizing on the Pike Brothers jacket did change over the years which might explain some of the size discrepancies mentioned here.

- I must admit have recently been eyeing up the Bronson version as I was thinking I wouldn't mind a slimmer fitting, slightly less warm version for milder weather.

Maitiu

New in Town
Man, the sizing you guys are telling me is scaring me right away from getting one. It seems the sizing is all over the map.

Man, the sizing you guys are telling me is scaring me right away from getting one. It seems the sizing is all over the map.
Here’s my size medium
D8F3A9D8-0A83-45DD-8D10-19941525BA81.jpeg

KentH

Familiar Face
Here’s my size medium
View attachment 193038

Ton.. you are 5'11" 210 and you wear a medium..?? Wow.. I was wanting a B-15 for a non-$1000 price and Aero sells Pike Bros, all they have is a few XL's left.. I usually wear XL in most shirts and jackets that come in that size, but there size chart shows the XL at 27.5 inch in the chest which comes out to a 54-55 inch chest size.. way overboard if that is an accurate size... Has anyone ever bought a Pike B-15 and can verify their sizing..??

Kent

Ton.. you are 5'11" 210 and you wear a medium..?? Wow.. I was wanting a B-15 for a non-$1000 price and Aero sells Pike Bros, all they have is a few XL's left.. I usually wear XL in most shirts and jackets that come in that size, but there size chart shows the XL at 27.5 inch in the chest which comes out to a 54-55 inch chest size.. way overboard if that is an accurate size... Has anyone ever bought a Pike B-15 and can verify their sizing..??

Kent
Indeed and you can see it's not a trim fit by any means! Plenty of unrestricted movement with no tightness anywhere. That said, I can't get a heavy sweater under it. Flannel light hoody no prob and the wool is sooooo warm I can't imagine needing anything else.

Petr Toman

New in Town
Hi can you help me with N1 deck jacket PB sizing? M or L? about measurements on web seems M.
I am:
Height:178cm
80kg

waist: 98cm around
chest: 106cm around
shoulder to wrist: 56-57cm
B10 flying jacket pike brothers, in size L was too big for me.
(I wear Eastman A2 flying jacket size 42 size(she is not free, i wear under only tee, or shirt with C2 sweater.)
B10 Bronson jacket 42, but seems Bronson N1 for jumper will be better 44. And they are sold out.
And the last PIKE BROTHER shoulders looks very long. In all sizes.

can you confirm that for me?
Thanks

Peter
Thanks

Peter

Last edited:
Hi Ton,
it looks that you have wery similar measurement. You have M size of Pikes N1?
How are your measurements please, waist, chest, hight,
weight.
Can i ask on it please? thanky

Pete
Hey Pete. I had a size medium. It fit well. Not a ton of room for layering but by no means tight. I’m 5’11 around 210 with a 46” chest. I feel like a size large would’ve been too baggy for my personal taste. Hope that helps.

Petr Toman

New in Town
Hey Pete. I had a size medium. It fit well. Not a ton of room for layering but by no means tight. I’m 5’11 around 210 with a 46” chest. I feel like a size large would’ve been too baggy for my personal taste. Hope that helps.

Bad question ask for size in centimeters? Please. Or only size of shoulders and arm,
Thanks

Then cca you are:
height:180cm
chest: 117cm
shoulder: ? inch/cm

Pete

Last edited:
Bad question ask for size in centimeters? Please. Or only size of shoulders and arm,
Thanks

Then cca you are:
height:180cm
chest: 117cm
shoulder: ? inch/cm

Pete
I have no means by which to measure my own shoulders but 19.5” is perfect comfort wise. 47.5” centimeters.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko