Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pima Air and Space Museum

too much coffee

Practically Family
Just thought I'd give a shout out to the Pima Air and Space Museum in Tucson, AZ.
Took some family members there yesterday and even though I had been 3 times previous, I discovered more things I hadn't really noticed before.
Of particular interest is the hangar with a B-17(G I believe) and dedicated to the 390th Bomb Group. Many A-2 jackets with painted art and other equipment. Another building dedicated to the PTO. Beau coup war planes parked on the premises outside.
If you can, stop in and see it, it's right off I-10 just to the South of Tucson city limits........well worth the visit!

cco23i

A-List Customer
The 390th section is run by the 390th and is actually sepperate from th Pima section. (There is also a bit of problems between the two).[huh]

Scott

storman113

Familiar Face
Made visit to the Pima Air Museum, WOW!!! If into planes at all a must visit. And the Bone Yard is a plus.

Story of a P51 pilot is totally amazing. Given credit and a medal for shooting down an American plane! Only one of three pilots to get kills on German, Italian and Japanese planes.

Flags.jpg

Mustang1.jpg

storman113

Familiar Face
I was totally awed on my visit. What places to could top it? Been to the one in Merced, Cal. Thought it was above board with a B36 and SR71.

azhiker

One of the Regulars
I used to live in Tucson, and have been to Pima several times. On that note,I have been to Smithsonian, and to Wright Patterson..it ranks with the rest as one of the best!

DesertDan

One Too Many
I've driven past it everyday for almost 20 years and I still haven't been in. :eek::eek:
I really need to do that someday (as well as visit Kitt Peak!)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner