Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PINCHERS UNITE!

OldSkoolFrat

A-List Customer
The Column in the pic behind me is from a former Shriner's Temple. Maybe Anubis (god with a Dog's Head) is on it;

Now that would be a, ppppprrrrrrrrruuuuuummmmmmmm: Relief. booom-tish!!!!!!!:p

ClayBob

New in Town
[OldSkoolFrat]That pinch goes from West, to East, from East to West and back again!!!!!!!!!!:D

Yeah I pinch that way too !!! ;)

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
Guilty. But I'm a "Method Pincher". lol The hats I don't care much about (like my old wool crushers) I practically mash. New hats that I bash myself, I usually pinch with a bit of force until I break it in and like the shape. Then I ease up. I pretty much pinch all my other hats gently, and never tight. I almost cup the front of the crown to put it on, and generally use a second hand on the brim when removing it.

I'm a sinner, I know... but it just "feels right". :eek:
NB

OldSkoolFrat

A-List Customer
Not-Bogart13 said:
Guilty. But I'm a "Method Pincher". lol The hats I don't care much about (like my old wool crushers) I practically mash. New hats that I bash myself, I usually pinch with a bit of force until I break it in and like the shape. Then I ease up. I pretty much pinch all my other hats gently, and never tight. I almost cup the front of the crown to put it on, and generally use a second hand on the brim when removing it.

I'm a sinner, I know... but it just "feels right". :eek:
NB

OK, so this is like WAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY not PC, but do any Men here, not see the parallel?

Further example: I have a, "Jack," that I am figuring out how to work, operating on a wool, "starter," hat right now.

"Figure it out," on a wool hat, before I get the Art F. love of my life? Adjusting the Scala ready to wear, before the Art F.?

Once I figure out the cleaners, the water proofers, the jacks, holders etc. Then and only then am I ready.

Do you get me?

A Pinch of this and a pinch of that.

Sometimes I pinch, it is an unconscious kind of pinch though not premeditated at all.

Occasionally I "Goose" too! (If you use more than two fingers is it a geese?)
[huh]
Best wishes!

Mr. Lucky

One Too Many
Come, on, sing along!

I Pinch my hat and I'm proud
I use to feel alone in a crowd
but now you look around these days
and it seems theres a HAT PINCHER CRAZE
I'm a Pincher he's a Pincher she's a Pincher we're a Pincher wouldn't you like to be a Pincher too?
I'm a Pincher he's a Pincher she's a Pincher we're a Pincher wouldn't you like to be a Pincher too?
us pinchers are an interesting breed
an original peak is what we need
ask any pincher and they'll say "only a pinched hat wears that way"

be a Pincher, take your hat off wrong! Be a Pincher, you know you do it, come on!

Fatdutchman

Practically Family
Not exactly Sing Along with Mitch Miller, but it's OK!

I "pinch" very loosely...just enough to hold the hat, and wouldn't dream of really squinching down on it. One finger on top, one finger and thumb on the side dents.

ideaguy

One Too Many
Pinchin'? naaa....I just grab da lid wid all 6 fingers and sorta smash it
onto my noggin. If it don't look good I hold onto it wit both mitts and
spin aroun until it settles down. Pinchin? not where we come from...

J.B.

Practically Family
tonyb said:
And the point is?

Profoundly, I must plead that I posted prose of prolixity. :eek: I purposely promulgated other prosaic posts purloined from the prominent patrons of this polished phorum while pathetically pretending to possess a point. In passing, I promise to present a more proper punctiliousness in the phuture!

Mea culpa, baby!
emoincensemf1.gif

...(hey, it was all just in phun.) :D

RBH

Bartender
Fatdutchman said:
Not exactly Sing Along with Mitch Miller, but it's OK!

I "pinch" very loosely...just enough to hold the hat, and wouldn't dream of really squinching down on it. One finger on top, one finger and thumb on the side dents.
Better watch it FD, a picture of that exact style of pinch got me in Trouble!lol

WEEGEE

Practically Family
profoundly prolix

J.B.
Profoundly, I must plead that I posted prose of prolixity. I purposely promulgated other prosaic posts purloined from the prominent patrons of this polished phorum while pathetically pretending to possess a point. In passing, I promise to present a more proper punctiliousness in the phuture!

Mea culpa, baby!

...(hey, it was all just in phun.)

Most marvelous.

Matthew

New in Town
Philosophers pinch, too.

Pinching, eh?

Here is a picture of David M. Armstrong and J.J. Smart, two of the most famous philosophers of the past 100 years - both of which happen to be Australians.

Since they are from Australia, check out this well pinched Akubra on Armstrong's head...

(Just thought I'd share).

davidjack.jpg

Ouch!

Best,

Matt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran