Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Places to look for hats in Charlotte or Asheville N.C.???

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
Hey all you N. Caroliina folks, I'll be traveling out to your fine state to visit my daughter tomorrow and it dawned on me that maybe some of the FL members from Charlotte or Asheville and surrounding areas could give me a heads up on where there might be some vintage shops or antique shops I might like to visit and maybe have a chance of finding a vintage hat of some sort.

thanks fedoralover

Last edited:

Edw8ri

Familiar Face
Keith Christmas runs Alexander Hats in Charlotte. He is a very friendly and helpful fellow. The inventory is not massive, but I saw a few hats that were of interest.

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
There are a lot of "second hand" shops in downtown Asheville that have all kinds of interesting things. Look for shops off of Walnut, N. Lexington, and Broadway streets (there are others, too).

mike2000t

New in Town
I just went to Alexander Hats today to get an old hat worked on. Keith is a very nice guy and is really into hats. I saw some pics of a hat re-did he did and it was amazing. The pic of the original hat looked more like a towel than a hat. The after pic was a nice looking fedora. He is starting a re furb on a 100+ year old hat with holes in it. He told me when he was done it would be like new, even getting rid of the holes.

I should have my hat back next week and can't wait to see it. He will get my business again.

Kirk H.

One Too Many
I agree about Alexander Hats. I have purchased several from Keith and when I need one reblocked or worked on he is where I go. He has a small shop but it is very inviting and he loves to talk hats. Mike2000t I can not wait to see a picture of the refurb he is working on.

Kirk H.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot