Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Plain-toed, brown, leather-soled Oxford?

Mossyrock

One of the Regulars
Friends and Neighbors,

Does such a creature exist anymore? I have searched high and low, but they either have a toe cap, a squared-off box toe, or rubber soles. Suggestions? [huh]

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
If by "Oxford", you mean "Balmoral".......

From Allen-Edmonds:

1150.jpg

From Alden:

SEAMLESS-PLAIN-TOE-OX_lg.jpg

But if by "Oxford", you meant "Blucher" or "Derby".......

From Alden:

alden.2816.l.jpg

Allen-Edmonds:

54142.jpg

These offerings are from the two remaining U.S. makers but many of the English makers and some of the Italian makers should be able fill your requirements.

carter

I'll Lock Up
I have a pair of Florsheim open-lacing (blucher), brown, plain-toe oxfords in 11D. All leather and in excellent condition. I'd say gently worn. No pictures at this time but nice shoes. Let me know if you are interested.

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
I don't know, I thought these were pretty impressive. The construction is impeccable, and the materials are top drawer. Been wearing them for the last few days and giving them a rest today. The color and the shape just give that air of plain shoe with no frills... then again it is a military repro.

IMG_7762-vi.jpg

IMG_7772-vi.jpg

Mossyrock

One of the Regulars
All good examples, but is there a single shoe there for less than $250? :eek:

Matt: Those are EXACTLY what I was hoping to find. Buzz Rickson's, eh? Where does one go to find these?

Feraud

Bartender
Mossyrock said:
All good examples, but is there a single shoe there for less than $250? :eek:

Matt: Those are EXACTLY what I was hoping to find. Buzz Rickson's, eh? Where does one go to find these?
Matt bought his in Japan. Not sure if they priced in under 250.

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
^Those aren't bad, and they look to be Goodyear welted. Anybody know anything about them?

Check the Allen Edmonds clearance shop on ebay. They may have a plain toe blucher in your size at some point. Also check for some old Florsheim plain-toe Kenmoors. With some time you should be able to find a pair for a good price, particularly if you're not slightly used averse.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Mossyrock said:
Matt: Those are EXACTLY what I was hoping to find. Buzz Rickson's, eh?
It appears that you've removed the leather sole specification from your criteria.:rolleyes:

jph712

New in Town
AlanC said:
I very much look forward to your review. I'm very tempted by those, myself.

I too look forward to a review. I've considered these, but as there are no 1/2 sizes that I've been wary to order. I hate the order, return thing, I like to get it right the first time.

JPH712

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I searched too - until I found the Bostonian Raleigh. I love 'em! They are a bit hard to find these days - I have a permanent search on eBay for them. But, when you find them, you'll swear by them (not at them!)

Photo enclosed for your viewing pleasure.

-dixon cannon

Mossyrock

One of the Regulars
Matt Deckard said:
Only if you are like me and tend to not want to buy the higher end brands accept on occasion.

the Buzz Rickson's were a true splurge.

Matt, the price you paid for those Rickson's is EXACTLY what I paid for my first car in 1982! :eek: Trust me, I am NOT against paying for quality; I own a pair of Alden 405s as proof of that (and am wearing them now). But, I have to admit to a good bit of sticker shock when seeing what Rickson's are going for! lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran