Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Planning your attire

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi, on weekdays, I plan it the evening before. Scouts is on Monday night, so I wear a shirt that matches Olive Drab pants. On weekends, I pick out something the evening before if I have to be somewhere early. If not, I wear sweats or wing it.

Later

kools

Practically Family
For me it's also a weekday vs weekend thing. During the work week I have the next day's suit/shirt/shoes placed in the bathroom for quick morning prep time. On the weekend I don't begin to think about what to wear until after breakfast.

Adcurium

A-List Customer
I tend to scramble in the morning but I must admit that when I get out my suit, shirt, tie, shoes, etc. and have it all ready BEFORE I go to bed, I honestly think I sleep better and I certainly have a smoother morning.

I think I'll make sure to set everything out tonight...

dnjan

One Too Many
I do for weekdays. That way I can steam out any wrinkles (no time for that in the morning).

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
My clothing is pretty much interchangeable. If if realize that I am horribly attired, I might change after a class or so, but I don't normally do that.

Justin B

One Too Many
Always lay out clothing the night before, but iron my shirts first thing in the morning. I like them perfectly crisp to go to work. Weekends is usually me at my most casual, jeans and a button down.

Torpedo

One Too Many
I alternate between two shifts at work; so, I lay out everything the night before when I have the first shift. Not just to spare time, also to avoid disturbing my wife sorting through the wardrobe. No need for that when I have the second shift; nor in off-days. Also, in my squad we are exempt from the night shift, but have a "night watch" shift, when we could be recalled for relevant emergencies. In this case, I lay out everything too (people are usually amazed when I am recalled for duty and turn up "fully bedecked", even in such short notice).

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
I find split-second decisions often create the best combos. I rarely lay things out the night before.

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
I am not a morning person, so I like to have everything ready to go the night before. It saves a bit of time and lets me get out the door sooner. Ocassionally I'll do it on the morning, but not often.

I am assuming most try to combine "vintage" and current made pieces of clothing,I know I do,some days it`s an old Hamilton on my wrist,modern cords,Brown`s Beach vest,Blundstone`s,and an old Pointer lined chore jacket,and a waxed Stormy Kromer on my head(daughter bought for Christmas said it was "me")..

anon`

One Too Many
I find split-second decisions often create the best combos. I rarely lay things out the night before.
Wow, you and I are way too ridiculously alike! I hardly ever bother to plan things out the night before, either. On the rare occasion when I do, I usually wind up changing it in the morning, anyway. I tend to plan, in the morning, based on some particular item that I just really want to wear today.

JAZZmann

New in Town
Weekdays I plan out for the next day with a few variations depending on what I feel like.

Weekends=Wing it

CharlieB

A-List Customer
I am not a morning person, so I like to have everything ready to go the night before. It saves a bit of time and lets me get out the door sooner. Ocassionally I'll do it on the morning, but not often.

This describes me as well. I have to wonder how many who answered this way are also not "morning people"...

kools

Practically Family
I am assuming most try to combine "vintage" and current made pieces of clothing,

Not really. My suits, pants, shirts, jackets, watches, etc...are mostly all vintage. My athletic gear is current. Some shoes are current. My socks & undergarments are current. A few other pieces are current but repro. Otherwise, no attempt is made to mix & match vintage & current.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I usually wait to check the weather in the morning before selecting the day's outfit. For instance, I wouldn't choose a light gray suit, camel hair coat and leather soled shoes if it's going to be sleeting and slushy out.

MikeBravo

One Too Many
I once went to work with two different colored socks. Since then, I always set out my clothes the night before to avoid embarrassing myself yet again. :eek:

Oh poor baby! How humiliatin' ;)

I once went to work wearing different shoes on each foot. Mind you I had a hangover that morning.

Did one of your work mates point it out? Or were you just conscious of it yourself?

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Before going to my classes the next day, I sometimes do this, but on days that I don't go anywhere, I actually do not. Generally, when I plan my attire, it is a bit dressier than I would otherwise wear. If I have no plans, my choices are somewhat more casual.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy