Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Playing With My New Christmas Toy

Spellflower

Practically Family
Nice work!:eusa_clap

Do you have any pics of the sweatband replacement process? I'd love to see it in action, since I've got one that is crumbling.

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Wow.....

JT....you're gonna have lotsa fun with that contraption. I can see you snaggin' up all the good deals on the smaller sized hats now. Looks brand spankin' new, great job my friend. Welcome home.

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
scotrace said:
Would that gizmo long-ovalize a hat I wonder?

It sure does! As a matter of fact, some who need a regular oval have complained about the long oval effect. (This is less pronounced if the hat has virtually no stiffener.) I love it! Of course I am a long oval.

Edward

Bartender
Sefton said:
You're the Baron Frankenstein of felt: "It's Alive...Alive!" Fantastic job, man!:eusa_clap

"It's Frankensteen!"

;)

Great loooking hat, impressive refurb! Being able to pull somthing that looks that far gone into such a good looking hat must lead to all kinds of eBay bargains! :)

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
Edward said:
Being able to pull somthing that looks that far gone into such a good looking hat must lead to all kinds of eBay bargains! :)

It does open the door to possibilities. However, that particular hat was purchased last week, from a vintage clothing store in Blue Ridge, Georgia. It was sort of a bonus for buying two Borsalinos (Both in great shape except for being a bit large. I'll either size them down or sell them as they are.). In all I have bought eight hats from that little shop. (3 Borsalinos, 2 Lock & Co., 1 Resistol Homburg, 1 Custom, and 1 Lion). I keep hoping that well never runs dry! :)

RJCNTX

Familiar Face
J.T.

That is astounding! Inspiring transformation. And I'm extremely jealous of that new toy of yours! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic