Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Please help ID a jacket

Trickster

New in Town
Hello,

Thanks to the Admins for approving my membership.

I have a few images of my leather jackets to share, and one that I will need help identifying.

Best,

Trickster

Attachments

• IMG_2208.JPG
    IMG_2208.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 98

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
Nice jacket from a good company. Just leathers. Is the name. They usually have an eagle with their logo. I would call it CHP or Cross Zipper Jacket.

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It is a CHP type of jacket but I doubt this one is actual issued to the Highway Patrol. That soft belt for one is just for holding the jacket.

Trickster

New in Town
The belt buckle is cast with Orchard, so either the belt is a replacement or...

There are no provisions for a badge holder so I agree that it was not issued to any agency. Snaps on collar for mouton wool accessory is an interesting addition.

I am less than jazzed by the plastic zipper, but perhaps its part of the blackout hardware package.

Trickster

New in Town
Here is a pic of Aerofan_07's Just Leather CHP. Beautiful brass hardware by the way. No belt loops. It looks identical to the one that I purchased other than those details.
DSC_0479.jpg

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The belt buckle is cast with Orchard, so either the belt is a replacement or...

There are no provisions for a badge holder so I agree that it was not issued to any agency. Snaps on collar for mouton wool accessory is an interesting addition.

I am less than jazzed by the plastic zipper, but perhaps its part of the blackout hardware package.
I don't think it is a replacement. Leather looks the same. Just Leather is still around I think.

Claybertrand

One Too Many
Could Orchard have MADE the JUST LEATHER jackets!!????????? I know for a fact that they made them for other ride shops. Particularly in NorCal..........

Trickster

New in Town
According to the Tribal Lore Orchard/Branded Garments made jackets for a shop in Yuba City called Purple Hogs. (PH YUBA CITY)

It's not beyond the realm of possibility that Just Leather did contract with Orchard and OEM label them. I know nothing and can prove it.

I love the fit and weight if this jacket.

One thing that I have noticed is that my usual drudge of a ride back and forth to work has been much more enjoyable while sporting excellent gear. That part I did not expect.

Work To Ride...Ride To Work.

Claybertrand

One Too Many
According to the Tribal Lore Orchard/Branded Garments made jackets for a shop in Yuba City called Purple Hogs. (PH YUBA CITY)

It's not beyond the realm of possibility that Just Leather did contract with Orchard and OEM label them. I know nothing and can prove it.

I love the fit and weight if this jacket.

One thing that I have noticed is that my usual drudge of a ride back and forth to work has been much more enjoyable while sporting excellent gear. That part I did not expect.

Work To Ride...Ride To Work.
This is true. I have that jacket and I lived and wrote that lore!! Lol

This is why I thought that could be a possibility. Myself and a few others had been discussing the roots of BRANDED,,,,,, Being it was mentioned that the subject jacket to be id'd has a belt that appears original and has ORCHARD stamped on it led me to wonder it Orchard made the jacket considering the whole PH Yuba City scenario.

Trickster

New in Town
One solid brass buckle.

Just Leather has closed and the owners have moved to Idaho (I think...)

Attachments

• IMG_2203.JPG
    IMG_2203.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 41

Trickster

New in Town
So, given all of the invaluable input from the leather and manufacturer scholars who were so kind to explore the possibilities with me, my current working theory is that the jacket was purchased from Just Leather in San Jose, CA but most likely was made for Just Leather by Branded Garments / Orchard and OEM labelled Just Leather San Jose.

I have seen San Francisco Police leather jackets with similar build characteristics, so Branded / Orchard may have sold into that market as well.

Just as an aside, the jacket came with a set of Just Leather chaps and the whole bundle was $100.

You may officially hate me now. (But not as much as you are going to when I reveal some of the other scores that I have exploited).

Thank you all very much.

Claybertrand

One Too Many
So, given all of the invaluable input from the leather and manufacturer scholars who were so kind to explore the possibilities with me, my current working theory is that the jacket was purchased from Just Leather in San Jose, CA but most likely was made for Just Leather by Branded Garments / Orchard and OEM labelled Just Leather San Jose.

I have seen San Francisco Police leather jackets with similar build characteristics, so Branded / Orchard may have sold into that market as well.

Just as an aside, the jacket came with a set of Just Leather chaps and the whole bundle was $100.

You may officially hate me now. (But not as much as you are going to when I reveal some of the other scores that I have exploited).

Thank you all very much.
The Orchard Being the Maker is based upon the belt with the Branded Garments snaps and the Orchard Belt buckle. IF this belt is actually attached to the jacket---that would be more definitive proof that Branded made the jacket. If it is simply the belt that someone else potentially put on the jacket because they lost the original or wanted a different belt----which is a VERY prevalent occurance---then the id based on the belt would be much shakier. If this is the case--there remains the possibility of a local SF maker. Johnson Leathers, Golden Bear among others out of the Bay Area have made jackets for other labels.

Thank you all very much.

What scores? Let’s see them. I feel like getting jealous.

Trickster

New in Town
As you wish...

Fox Creek Men's Classic Motorcycle Jacket I, purchased on 25 AUG 2022 from ebay BIN of $225, total by the time I got in my hands was $245.41 on 30 AUG 2022. Beautiful brand new condition. I thanked the seller profusely and gave him a glowing endorsement.

Missing pull tab on upper left front vent zip. Easy fix.

FCL 2.jpg
FCL !.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner