Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Please help ID this cafe racer

Gamma68

One Too Many
I came across this unlabeled CR today at a vintage clothing store and I'm curious about what brand it might be.

It has a distinct wind flap that rises above the top of the main zipper. YKK zips throughout. The front zip pull is on the left-hand side, which could indicate it's Canadian or British. The lining pattern is also distinct. The leather is lighter like a vintage Brooks and somewhat shiny.

These aren't the best photos but they were my best option in the store.

Any ideas?
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

Gamma68

One Too Many
Damn, you guys are good with the IDs.

Ah, Brimaco. Yep, looks like they used a similar wind flap that you can leave up or fold under (like the one pictured below that is known to be a Brimaco).

Is British Cycle Leathers the same company?

Would Bristol be another possibility? The same store had a Bristol hanging nearby.

22580863_1632262706834967_7475278076314648576_n.jpg

Damn, you guys are good with the IDs.

Ah, Brimaco. Yep, looks like they used a similar wind flap that you can leave up or fold under (like the one pictured below that is known to be a Brimaco).

Is British Cycle Leathers the same company?

Would Bristol be another possibility? The same store had a Bristol hanging nearby.

22580863_1632262706834967_7475278076314648576_n.jpg

If I remember correctly, Brimaco became British Cycle so yeah, they're basically the same company. I think they just switched the name, the jackets were produced at the same place. Bristol was making very similar jackets at the time though I don't know anything about them. Could be Bristol, too. It was the Masco / LL kinda deal all the way.

It's a nice jacket, whatever it is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy