Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Please help me with this hair

KatieLou

New in Town
Hey everyone! I'm Katie, this is my first post here, of many I'm sure as this forum is fabulous!

I recently had my hair dyed black and a very short, straight fringe cut in, and I really want to try some retro styles now I've at last got rid of the neon blue and magenta combination I had! I'm a total newbie when it comes to creating these style, I literally have no idea which is why I need your help!

I love the hair in this photo- http://www.flickr.com/photos/pinupstyle411/3077215860/

How can I create the rolls (?) she has? I know I couldn't with the fringe as mine is so short, but the two on top maybe?

Thanks so much, and sorry if there are already a zillion threads like this!

Caity Lynn

Practically Family
alot of back combing.
I've done similar to this, I curled the section in the direction you want the roll to go, backcombed a bit then rolled and bobby pinned it.

I didn't have a hair rat, which would make this a lot easier.[huh]

Lotta Little

One of the Regulars
A "hair rat" is a tubular shaped form that builds volume into your hair. It can be long and flexible (such as for wrapping hair around to make a perfect ballerina bun) or it can be a short tube you pin into the hair and cover with your own hair to add volume somewhere. When they were really popular, women used to save the hair pulled out of their brushes to make their own, but these days you can find them at some beauty supply stores.

jenacious

New in Town
i made rats for myself from some cheap pantyhose and hair from an old wig. it was a bit trial and error but did a great job adding volume to some reverse rolls!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John Frum