Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pocketwatch, where to find?

SGT Rocket

Practically Family
Hi All,

I have a question regarding pocket watches. Is there anywhere I can get a pocket watch for under $100 that is either a windup or an automatic? I'm not really wanting a quartz with a battery; and I would prefer a watch that looks vintage.

Thanks!

conrad5157

One of the Regulars
Eebay. You can find plenty of vintage pocket watches in working condition for $100 and less. I like the Elgins myself. I haven't seen any modern day PWs that really appeal to me.

JimWagner

Practically Family
If you go to amazon.com and search on "mechanical pocket watch" you'll pull up quite a few under $100. Some of them might appeal.

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
www.pocketwatchsite.com is probably your best bet.

Just keep in mind that stuff under $100 can be a bit questionable in quality. Some watches are really nice, others...so-so. Just don't expect anything in GOLD to last long as it'll most likely be gold-plated. Here's an example of something that might catch your fancy:

http://www.pocketwatchsite.com/sale/new/ch3674.html

17 jewel 16-size, chrome-cased watch. I reckon it looks quite stylish.

If you're willing to spend a bit more, you could get this...

http://www.pocketwatchsite.com/sale/new/ch3756-ga.html

But that is gold-plated and as a rule, I never go for anything gold-plated.

Riposte3

One of the Regulars
Shangas,
That chrome plated one is AWESOME! Do you know if Charles Hubert makes reliable (good quality) watches?

Thanks!
Huh. I have that exact same watch (in fact, I'm wearing it right now), only mine was made by Colibri, and the hands are blue instead of silver. It's a very good and reliable watch that I've had for a few years now. I'd say it's worth the $85 they're asking.

Bugsy

One Too Many
Hi All,

I have a question regarding pocket watches. Is there anywhere I can get a pocket watch for under $100 that is either a windup or an automatic? I'm not really wanting a quartz with a battery; and I would prefer a watch that looks vintage.

Thanks!

I got my first pocket watch at a pawn shop. Don't over look that possibility.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner