Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Point me in the direction of an Indy'esque style jacket please..?

Jerekson

One Too Many
Does anybody know of any Indy-esque (but not Indy) leather jackets?

I mean, like, the short cut...the tight fit...the lack of stretchy cuffs...

Actually, this http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=15547 jacket pretty much nails it on the head.

Any others of this style I should know about? Sorry, but the A2 just doesn't cut it for me - not my style.

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Aero Halfbelt

Jerekson, I don't know what your budget is like, but I've got an Aero Halfbelt that I can never wear enough come winter time:

HalfB.jpg

1930sHalfBelt.jpg

They come ina 30's style and fit, as in the second photo, or a standard 40's-50's cut. Mine's the cool brown horsehide shown in the first photo.

I don't know what one would set you back in U.S. currency. I bought mine directly from Aero Scotland, and it cost me a pile - but I was paying for a top quality jacket and a style that I was hooked on once I'd seen the movie "Seabiscuit".

Anyway, check out Aero's crazy range of jackets at www.aeroleatherclothing.com and see what you think.

Happy hunting for your own favourite style!

Benny Holiday

I'm no big expert, Major, but I believe the cafe racer style has those little band collars that clip around your neck, rather than a full collar as such. The genral cut is trim and similar, though, from what I've seen.

The band collar always looks 1980s to me!

cheaterome

One of the Regulars
Cafe racers have a Mandarin style collar. Slimmer fit.. think modern actual racing jacket top. More 60's stye.

That is your standard classic half belt in a more late forties or fifties style.

Some thirties ones had cathedral or norfolk style backs , offset zippers strapped cuffs ... might want to check Aero's bootlegger, but there is nothing more practical than a halfbelt.

Jerome

nerdator

New in Town
take the halfbelt....

I can only agree with Benny... after six painful weeks my Half Belt arrived, almost too late because it's getting warmer every day around here, springtime is coming :) All I can say, it's worth the waiting and the money... there is just one word for it - superb - by the way Benny, since when do you have the jacket? To me it feels almost 'bullet proof', it must take quite a while to break in...

Jerekson

One Too Many
Wow, thanks guys!

That halfbelt seems very promising indeed! I think that pretty much summed up what I ws looking for.

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Raymundo

One of the Regulars
Jerekson,

Check out Vanson Leathers casual jackets. Top of the line jackets for less money than Aero. I am sure you will find one you like and they are made to last.

Ray

Benny Holiday

nerdator said:
by the way Benny, since when do you have the jacket? To me it feels almost 'bullet proof', it must take quite a while to break in...

Nerdator, I've had my Halfbelt for two winters, and it's about to go into it's third winter of service. It is very hard leather, but is gradually molding to my form, especially in the arms. Some acquiantances have nicknamed it the "full metal jacket." That might be funny if their tone was a tad less derisive . . .

nerdator

New in Town
hard work

I've had my Halfbelt for two winters, and it's about to go into it's third winter of service. It is very hard leather, but is gradually molding to my form, especially in the arms.
wow, then I have a pretty long time of 'hard work' ahead of me, especially when I consider that this year's winter is almost gone. by the way Benny, did you order yours with inside pockets? I found it a bit unusual, but my wallet fits into the chest pocket, so I can live without the pocket inside; and first I found the storm cuffs a little strange, but with such a superb jacket - and if it is a proper part of it - then so be it, I'll get used to it...

Edward

Bartender
I've yet to buy anything from Indy Magnoli myself, but he's been very helpful with email communications re upcoming purchases, and I know others in the FL have been very pleased with various things they have received from Magnoli. The photos all look fantastic....

Open Road - $360
https://host385.ipowerweb.com/~indyprop/osCommerce/catalog/images/clothiers/mc-openroad-main.jpg

Roy Hobbs $350
https://host385.ipowerweb.com/~indyprop/osCommerce/catalog/images/clothiers/mc-natural-main.jpg

The custom option is $365 - same price as their version of the Indiana Jones jacket.

Another option I would look at if you aren't limited in budget would be the eastman range - they have a nice range of civilian stuff as mentioned above, alternatively, their LuftWaffe jackets (two different designs, one black as std, the other brown) are beautiful, and have that neat fit of the A2 without either the large A2 pockets or the lesticated trim.

Money no object, I'd have them all, plus a bunch of A2s!!

kbuzz

New in Town
Aero Californian

J. M. Stovall said:
I really want a jacket "like" this too. The Aero Californian.
The exchange rate will kill me on that one, has anyone seen anything similar?
AeroCalifornian-large.jpg

This seems to be a "quiet" jacket on this forum....anyone have any info on this thing. Particularly as it relates to the half belt and highwayman. Im curious about the cut. It looks a bit boxy. I prefer a slimmer jacket at the waist. But this model has a very big cool factor...somewhere between motocycle and touring? Or is it just a vintage casual jacket?

Rufus

Practically Family
Seeing as people were mentioning the Half Belt and Bootlegger in this thread, I thought I'd show my new jacket from Aero. 3 days old.

It's a custom hybrid of their bootlegger and slim cut half belt.
It's a size 38 and fits great!

Amanda was as usual, a pleasure to deal with.

My next will hopefully be jacket from RMNZ.

IMG_6174.jpg

IMG_6171.jpg

Alan Eardley

One Too Many
Rufus

Nice jacket! Apart from the epaulettes and angle of the chest pocket, it's very like the repro '30s bike jacket that Aero made for Levi's Vintage Clothing a few years ago. I like the throat latch on yours. It's inspired me to add a throat latch to my LVC jacket!

Alan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR