Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Poll: Favorite Ribbon Width

What is your favorite ribbon width?

• 3/8 inches or less

Votes: 10 12.0%
  • 1/2 to 3/4

Votes: 10 12.0%
  • 7/8 to 1 1/4

Votes: 14 16.9%
  • 1 3/8 to 1 1/2

Votes: 18 21.7%
  • 1 5/8 to 1 3/4

Votes: 15 18.1%
  • 2 inches or more

Votes: 16 19.3%

• Total voters

B.J. Hedberg

Practically Family
Definitely 1 5/8 or more for me ideally, but nothing below 1 1/2; small ribbons look nice but just seem too informal for this curmudgeon. The 1 5/8 on my Nostalgia is just perfect for my eye.

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Count me in the thin ribbon "band" :whistling (pun intended). Zetwal, sorry for the slow vote. My computer crashed and has been unconscious since Friday; this is its return debut.

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Welcome back Mr Paladin!

And thanks gentlemen for your continuing participation in this Poll ... ;)

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
For me, preferred ribbon width decreases as brim width increases, with the exception of a few special cases.

I think I know what you mean. I can wear (for example) a thin ribbon with a 2 3/4 brim. But a wide ribbon with that much brim is too much hat for me.

Pompidou

One Too Many
I voted for the widest ribbon option. I love the half and half look of my VS. To an extent, any ribbon of an inch or more would be okay with me. I don't particularly care for the thinnest of ribbons, and I like leather cords even less.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
The ribbon width is part of the totality of a particular hat's design. I would have to say all of the above including no ribbon at all.

RobStC

A-List Customer
Definitely depends on the proportions of the hat, so no hard and fast rules - I'll go by what just 'looks right' to me..... but I admit to being very partial to the 1 1/8th inch width ribbons on my two Borsalinos.
Generally not so struck by thin ribbons (I know, I know - heresy! But hey, I live in Scotland, so not too much of the cowboy-vibe around here..... :p).

RobStC

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Generally not so struck by thin ribbons (I know, I know - heresy! But hey, I live in Scotland, so not too much of the cowboy-vibe around here..... :p).

Check the poll results. You will see that (as of today) less than 10 percent report that they favor thin ribbons over others. Perhaps your views are less widely heretical than you think. :cool:

HatsEnough

Banned
This one I cannot answer because I do not have a preference. I like ORs with the 3/8 inchers, I have 1 inchers, 2 inchers, etc., etc. I like all versions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot