Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Poll: Fedoras or Homburgs?

Fedora's or Homburg's?

• Fedora

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Homburg

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
StetsonHomburg said:
a bit sad that only 6.78% and probably soon to be less like the homburg over the fedora

I probably shouldn't count for homburg anymore, since my homburg has now become a fedora.

When I find a homburg that is a bit bigger I will jump at it probably. I can get away with wearing a 7 1/4 on a fedora, because at least part of the brim goes down, but on the homburg with that curl, it really did look a bit perched.

Mr E Train

One Too Many
StetsonHomburg said:
a bit sad that only 6.78% and probably soon to be less like the homburg over the fedora

Last time I checked, it wasn't a competition. It's called the Fedora Lounge, not the Homburg Lounge, so what do you expect? You should be happy; being a Homburg wearer makes you unique.

Edward

Bartender
Abstaining on the grounds that I like both. Fedoras for regular wear, Hombergs for black tie, semi-formal daywear, certain occasions like weddings etc with a lounge suit. I do like the look of a Homberg given a fedora-style bash and worn with a lounge suit - I intend to pick up a couple more to wear that way.

I'm more than happy for hombergs to continue to be much less popular, I like picking them up cheaply on eBay. ;)

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I too, am abstaining from the voting because I do not see them occupying the same niche. I love to wear homburgs for special occasions, formal & semi-formal where fedoras are not as appropriate, and equally enjoy fedoras and westerns for daily use. I am not so enthused about homburg reshaping into fedora creases but then again...it is not my hat!

Homburgs and Fedoras are both soft felt hats with similar orgins. The Homburg evolved into its current look (black + other colors, stiffer bowler like flange with wide brim binding and little crown tapper). I am not formal with them but I am not with Fedoras either. My preference is a Fedora but enjoy both Homburgs and Fedora - Homburgs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112