Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Poll: Goodwear Ventura, Arcadia or Mojave?

Which GW Civilian Jacket Do You Prefer?

• Total voters

bretron

Call Me a Cab
My number is coming up fast on JC's long wait list, and I am now questioning whether I should go with a civilian model GW over an A2 (as I already have a few of em).

If you were to choose one of JC's civilian jackets, which one would it be, in which leather, and why?

Fwiw- I'm highly considering the Arcadia in black pigment hh, or the Mojave in dark as h*ll seal hh. But I am looking for some of your collective input... ;) I'm generally a jeans and chambray shirt kinda guy...

Cheers!

Cal Ventura. Just look at the pics of JC wearing it with jeans & chambrey shirt. The best match, given your criteria, and FWIW, my fave of the bunch for casual. Mohave is cool as hell, but for me, I'd feel a little less comfortable with the style. Arcadia doesn't do it for me...Ventura In darker hide:
CalVentura.jpg

Cal_Ventura.jpg

Last edited:

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Scott, I totally see your point on the Ventura in uber-dark seal... crazy sharp! for me, it'd be a no brainer if there was an additional element to it that made it stand out that much more (e.g. a chest pocket was slanted)... that too picky? :)

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
I'd choose the Arcadia in black ( I just missed out on getting this jacket in the used section a few months back) but I'd remove the right chest pocket - love that piping on the chest - very 1950's. The Ventura is nice, you can't go wrong but I'm not keen on the wrist straps.

Graemsay

Practically Family
Why not try to come up with your own spin on one of the designs? Joel Shapiro's (forthcoming) two tone Mojave would be an obvious inspiration.

I like the Arcadia, but it's a bit busy with all the pockets. So were I to get one, I'd be inclined to remove both on the chest and just keep the hand warmers.

Arcadia_front.jpg

Were I after a Ventura I'd eliminate the wrist straps and chest pocket. If John was willing, which he probably wouldn't be, I'd ask for a yoke on the front of the jacket, and then do it as a two-tone in seal and russet like the Aero Ricky I posted in Joel's thread.

That said, at the moment I'd be most tempted by an M422.

D

Deleted member 16736

With jeans, you're probably better off with a 40's design like the Ventura or Arcadia just like Butte says. I wear a lot of 30's reproduction chinos from Dickies and the Mojave makes better sense with those pants, in my opinion.

I requested samples of the light russet and seal HH just to make double-sure I want a two-tone jacket in those colors. If not, I'll get the Mojave in seal brown HH.

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Cheers guys! I'm especially keen on the details of Arcadia, though not totally sold on the vertical front piping... But I like that it stands in starker contrast to other jacket makers than the Ventura which (apart from the sleeve straps) is pretty darn similar to an Aero Highwayman or 30s half-belt (tho I'm sure I'll get burned for saying so much :lol: ). I for one am a fan of extras, so I would probably ask for more than less of JCs patters, if he'd allow.

Last edited:
Scott, I totally see your point on the Ventura in uber-dark seal... crazy sharp! for me, it'd be a no brainer if there was an additional element to it that made it stand out that much more (e.g. a chest pocket was slanted)... that too picky? :)
Well, I'm not going to tell you what you want to hear - I'm tellin' you what I think. You asked lolThis sounds like a case of "I already made up my mind but I need some reassurance." posts. Do what's gonna make YOU happy! We're just the peanut gallery.

bretron

Call Me a Cab
I like to see what it is about a certain jacket that make a person happy. Eg your threads on which GW A2 contracts ;). Fwiw, I'm not 100% sold on any one of the three at the moment , tho I am reassured that the Mojave is not the right jacket for me. I appreciate the feedback and had more intention on just letting this board/poll fill up without comment, but guess i didnt listen to my own advice opened my big mouth! Oh well, still interested to hear what people like and why...

javadave

New in Town
Ventura vote here. I would like one and asked Good Wear about the wait list and they said they have a 130 orders waiting to be fulfilled. Year wait time :(

I like the Ventura with different cuffs as well, But I voted for the Arcadia which I think would rock with only 1 chest pocket!

D

Deleted member 16736

Am I the only one so far who voted Mojave? Sheesh...

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Am I the only one so far who voted Mojave? Sheesh...

Fwiw I think its as slick as snot. I love the aviator design and intricate details. but think you're right that it is less jeans friendly than some of the other offings. Did you ever settle on a color pattern? I'm very excited to see what you end up with

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80