Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

POLL? October 7th - Total Recall

Sergei

Gone Home
Just a quick (un)scientific poll.

Will Gray Davis be banished from Sacramento? (y/n)

If Yes, who will TERMINATE him?

- Cruz Bustamante (Democrat Party)

- Tom McClintoc (Republican)

- Camejo (Green Party)

- Arnold (Republican)

- I don't care, I am moving out of the Kalifornia

===========Don't Look at the Poster=========
2381.jpg

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender
Yes on booting Grey. I will be voting for Arnold though he is more liberal than my liking....because he can get Davis out.

I do wish they would do a debate. It would be very entertaining:

(In a monotone whiney voice)
Davis: Well....Arnold did some fine movies but when it come to politics...

(In an macho Austrian accent)
Arnold:.....GET OOUUUUT!!!

Are you STILL here!?

What are you doing you little man?

Let a real man in there!

I am not even the governor yet and I am doing a betta job than you!

LOL

Renderking Fisk

Practically Family
Listen to me now, think about it later and remember it always... I am here to pup - [claps hands] YOU UP, CALIFORNIA!

Don't get me wrong... I'm not becoming anti-republican. If anything I'm leaning more right all the time to the point where even Newt or Rush might call me a fascist. But I?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢m getting to the point where I?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢m just getting sick and tried of ALL career politicians.

I don?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t care what these nitwits think, I don?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t care what they feel, I don?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t want to here them emote about partisan politics. I want to know how they?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢re going to vote on ISSUES and how they are going to preserve the Constitution instead of treating it like an obstacle. The circus debates are of no help?¢‚Ǩ¬¶ the juggling monkeys and clowns who call themselves candidates have been throwing out one-liners as if they?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢re pitching ideas for bumper stickers.

If I was in California?¢‚Ǩ¬¶ I would like to know more about Arnold?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s view on the issues and how he would vote. Gotta admit?¢‚Ǩ¬¶ he had a great work ethic.

PrettyBigGuy

A-List Customer
I'm voting for Arnold, for the reason that I posted on the old Lounge. I'm sick and tired of "career politicians". I hear people say, "I'm not voting for Arnold because he has no political experience." I just want to smack them. It's very clear (at least to me) that our political system is broken and the last thing we need is another knucklehead who wants to work within the system instead of changing it.
I'm also tired of people not supporting the recall because theyaffraid that it will set a national precident and a bunch of govenors will start being recalled. I think if the threat is there then the govenors will start doing better jobs.
PBG

The_Edge

One of the Regulars
First, I do not live in CA.

HOWEVER, if I did...

Yes on the recall.

Vote for Arnold.

I watched the highly entertaining CA debate and was really impressed by Mr. McClintock. That guy is straight forward and stands by his convictions. His ideology is right in line with what I like to see in a conservative Republican. I seriously hope he runs for President in '08. With that said, he doesn't have a chance of winning this race. Since Schwarzenegger is the next best Republican and doing very well in the polls I would have to vote for him. Arnold may not be as conservative as I would like but he's a better choice than Bustamonkey.

Even if Arnold wins he has a tough fight ahead with a State Legislature controlled by Democrats. These are folks that think that heaping more taxes on businesses that are not gaining any revenue will bring in revenue. What?!

I'll be praying for my SoCal friends on Oct. 7th.

Colt

Familiar Face
I also liked McClintock, but like Edge stated he doesn't have a chance. My vote was going to go to him until Arnold jumped into the race. Just my .02 cents.

mmarosy

One of the Regulars
Originally posted by The_Edge
I'll be praying for my SoCal friends on Oct. 7th.

I'll be celebrating my daughter's 3rd birthday... and trying to avoid the news.

I don't know what the coverage is like out there, but here, they treated Arnold as a joke at first, and now that he's up in the polls, they've got him preparing his acceptance speech. This is one reason why I hate the news media.

Well, good luck to you guys in Cali. Maybe Arnold would atleast relax some of the rediculous gun laws.

Mike

Rundquist

A-List Customer
I?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢d vote for McClintoc if I thought that he had a chance. I?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢ll probably vote for Arnold. I think that Bustamante is just a horrible candidate. It is very disturbing to me that Arnold?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s campaign is being run by that swine Pete Wilson?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s ex people. It makes me wonder how many Wilson people are going to end up advising him in office. Camejo is way too liberal for my tastes, but I found it very entertaining when he suggested that we lower taxes on the middle class (the people that pay for everything), and make the rich pay their fair share. The Republican candidates were silent when he suggested that. And why shouldn?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t the wealthy have to pay as much taxes as you or me? It?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s disappointing that we really didn?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t get better candidates for the recall. Still, the most important thing is to get Davis out for the simple fact that it sends a message to other politicians that you can?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t get into office and then do whatever you want. Davis knew about the impending financial trouble that California was in during the last election and he failed to mention it and worse, he failed to do anything about it. Cheers

ITG

Call Me a Cab
It's nice to there actually exist a handful of Republicans in California. Seems most people are liberal there and to find this many on forum is awesome. Although I have to say Arnold hasn't really impressed me as a candidate but if it means getting Gray out, Arnold can't be too bad.

Fedora

Vendor
If I lived in CA, I would vote for Arnold, but I am with Fisk on politics in general. If I did live in CA., my worry would be that old Tom would split the Republican vote, and allow another Democrat to get in. For him to promise certain people that he would stay in until the end, just shows something else is up in the dark backrooms of politics. :confused: He knows very well what could be the outcome of him not bowing out gracefully. He can always fight another day, unless of course, that is his plan. The Democrat goes in, and the interval between now and the next election gives him ample time to undercut Arnold, dig up skeletons, and make a full run at the next one. Having polticians in my family gives me an insight into the dirty stuff that goes on behind closed doors. I am not saying that this is what old Tom is planning, just that it would not surprise me at all. Apparently, it is more important for him to keep promises that no reasonable man with his education would have made, than to insure a Republican in the gov's seat. Fedora

Rundquist

A-List Customer
People should stop thinking about politics in terms of Democrats vs. Republicans. They're the same slime these days. I've decided to change my vote for McClintoc. Maybe if all the people that have said, "I'd vote for McClintoc if I thought that he had a chance" actually voted for him, maybe he would have a chance. I don't really understand it. Cheers

Rundquist

A-List Customer
That's the mentality that I'm talking about (nothing personal). I don't subscribe to it. I'd rather vote my conscience and sleep better. Voting for the candidate that I think is best will give me personal satisfaction. I've voted for the lesser of two skunks before and it gives me a terrible feeling in the pit of my stomach. If the average voter out there thought in terms of a specific candidate vs. a political party, we might get some decent people in office. :(

PS ?¢‚Ǩ‚Äú In the last election I didn?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t vote for Gore or Bush. Voting for Bush in California was the same as ?¢‚Ǩ?ìthrowing your vote away?¢‚Ǩ?. It gave me great personal satisfaction not to have to vote for either candidate.

Fedora

Vendor
As long as there are two major parties, one has to think in those terms, don't they? I have often said that I don't know which one is trying to take away personal freedom faster. At heart, I am a Libertarian, but I am afraid the 2 party system is so entrenched, that we are stuck with them. It would take a miracle from God Almighty himself to change the way things are. :cry: Until that time happens, I will vote my conscience, and for the man, although most seem to be Republicans. regards, Fedora

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
To get rid of the two-party system, we'd have to get away from a winner-take-all system, and move to some form of proportional representation, ala the UK's system.

It would make for a slightly more chaotic government, and would allow for fringe groups to have a say, which can be good, and bad(Imagine children going on a tour of the House, and a tour guide having to say "And that's our KKK caucus over there, to your left is the Greenpeace members, to your right are the Black Panthers, and behind you are the American Nazis")

I can understand voting your conscience.

gobler

One of the Regulars
Yes Davis OUT!!!
Yes to Arnold (although not as to the right as I like) But better then Bustamecha You need to understand what Mecha is.
Yes on Props.

Cheers,
Jeff

Rundquist

A-List Customer
I?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢m still voting for McClintoc, but I will say that if I thought that it was going to be close between Bustamante and Arnold, I?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢d vote for Arnold, I dislike Bustamante that much. As it is Arnold is going to win by a safe amount. Therefore I?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢ll vote for McClintoc. If McClintoc gets enough votes, maybe he?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢ll be encouraged to run in the next election, especially if Arnold doesn?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t do much. Cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass