Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

POLL? October 7th - Total Recall

Renderking Fisk

Practically Family
In the race between Clinton and Dole I voted for Ross. I pretty much GAVE the White House back to Darth Bubba... and I've hated myself since.

I would only vote for a third party candidate if I didn't approve of either candidate. Sometimes it?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s not about fighting the Great Fight, it?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s about WINNING the good fight. Now it?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s the fight between the lesser of two evils and getting that nitwit out of office.

PrettyBigGuy

A-List Customer
I can relate. I had no love for GW or Gore in the last presidental election so I voted for Nader. I was embaressed for my country that our 2 party system couldn't field better candidates.
I still stand by my earlier post in that I want a non-politico in Sacramento. I think that the mess is so big that a fresh start is needed.
PBG

Chamorro

A-List Customer
Originally posted by Rundquist
I?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢m still voting for McClintoc, but I will say that if I thought that it was going to be close between Bustamante and Arnold, I?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢d vote for Arnold, I dislike Bustamante that much. As it is Arnold is going to win by a safe amount. Therefore I?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢ll vote for McClintoc. If McClintoc gets enough votes, maybe he?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢ll be encouraged to run in the next election, especially if Arnold doesn?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t do much. Cheers

Trust me, this is McClintock's political suicide if he costs Arnold the election and Boooze Crustymante wins. All this proves to me is he is so full of hubris that he is unwilling to fall on his sword for the party. It's great being an idealogue but politicians must be just that ... politicians. Compromise is part of any good politicians repertorie, like it or not. You have to be realistic. If McClintock is elected governor, how is he going to work with a Democratic legislature? How effective has he been so far being so intransigent? If he costs the Republicans the election, and he just might, he better go find another party.

I'm voting for Arnold.

I'm voting yes on all the ballot measures too just because the Dismalcrats don't want us to.

Sergei

Gone Home
Originally posted by Chamorro
Trust me, this is McClintock's political suicide if he costs Arnold the election and Boooze Crustymante wins. .....If McClintock is elected governor, how is he going to work with a Democratic legislature? How effective has he been so far being so intransigent? If he costs the Republicans the election, and he just might, he better go find another party.

I'm voting for Arnold.

I'm voting yes on all the ballot measures too just because the Dismalcrats don't want us to.

Man we are on the EXACT page. I truly believe McClintock displayed the most knowledge and competency at the debat. But... his effectiveness at the Democratic dominated state legislature would be nill. His voice there will be drowned out. That's what swayed me to the Arnold camp. He is going to be a change-meister in Sacremento. If the Democratic legislature starts pulling the crap that they have been so effectively pulling, Arnold will just take it to the people. He would be more effective in getting heard than McClintock. And it's a shame, but I think McClintock's career maybe already toast, even if Arnold wins.

It's scary how you and me think alike, Paul. We must listen to the same AM station or something. :D

-Sergei

Bogie1943

Practically Family
If I lived there (Which will be reality in about 2 years) I would vote yes on the recall and my vote would most likely be for Arnold, that's my two cents. Davis is the son of Satan and he keeps digging himself deeper and deeper into a hole he will never get out of.:cool2:

Rundquist

A-List Customer
As a guy that has no loyalty to any party, I guess that I don?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t think like you guys. I see very little differences between Republicans & Democrats these days. We need to rethink a political system that has people voting against who they feel is the best candidate for the job. Just because Arnold and McClintoc are in the same party does not mean that they stand for the same things. If we get the return of Pete Wilson with Arnold, I?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢m going to be very disappointed. Cheers

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
very little differences between Republicans & Democrats these days

agreed they seem very much the same to me too.

I'm sticking with the Don't vote solution.
And I ask all of you to tell your freinds to not vote as well.
I want to get a bumper sticker that says "DON'T VOTE IT DOESN'T MATTER"

Ever since that bill passed that said I can't eat horse meat I've been upset with the system.

WHERE IS MY FREEDOM?

Sergei

Gone Home
I hear ya! I voted for Ross in '92. At the time, I was absolutely disgusted with George Sr. and there was no way I was throwing my vote for Clinton. It was quite a conundrum. Ross was a colorful character and not quite as eccentric in '92 as he later proved to be. In hindsite, in '92 he pulled in 20% of the vote. That costed George Sr. the election. The rest is history. Two terms of Clinton, .... wait a minute I need to run to the porcelain commode...

-Sergei

Chamorro

A-List Customer
Originally posted by Rundquist
As a guy that has no loyalty to any party, I guess that I don?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t think like you guys. I see very little differences between Republicans & Democrats these days. We need to rethink a political system that has people voting against who they feel is the best candidate for the job. Just because Arnold and McClintoc are in the same party does not mean that they stand for the same things. If we get the return of Pete Wilson with Arnold, I?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢m going to be very disappointed. Cheers
Allow me to beat a dead horse even more here...
I AM voting for the man I feel is the best candidate for the job. I've already given my reasons. I might like Tom's ideology but that doesn't mean I think he is the best for the job.

Chamorro

A-List Customer
Originally posted by Matt Deckard
agreed they seem very much the same to me too.

I'm sticking with the Don't vote solution.
And I ask all of you to tell your freinds to not vote as well.
I want to get a bumper sticker that says "DON'T VOTE IT DOESN'T MATTER"

Ever since that bill passed that said I can't eat horse meat I've been upset with the system.

WHERE IS MY FREEDOM?
There is a HUGE difference. If you can't see it, I can't make you in a two dimensional internet forum.

Where is your freedom? It's been taken away by the far left, radical, fringe. A lot of that is due to complacency just like this. Saying a person's vote doesn't matter is wrong and irresponsible. It DOES matter and matters a LOT. Even if your vote does not fall in line with popular thinking.

If you don't exercise your rights in this democracy, you have no right to complain.

Fedora

Vendor
Who was it that said, "people get the gov't that they deserve"? I am all for voting, except for the Presidential race. Only in this most important race does popular vote not dictate the winner. We have the electoral college for that. But voting is the one and only way that an individual has a voice at all. Granted, it is not much of a voice most of the time, but I would rather whisper than be mute. Fedora

Sergei

Gone Home
Freedom.....

...having been a child of parents that experienced the scurge of Stalin, you really do cherish the notion of a free democracy where each citizen can collectively contribute. That version of Stalinistic form of communism the state decided EVERYTHING for you. Think about your dreams of becoming whatever were decided by the local party system. It encompassed everything from your how much food you were allowed to keep if you were a farmer, what education, your square footage for living, what you read, what you listened to, your salary, the medicine, etc.

As a kid and as an immigrant in this country , this kind of day is special. Think about it. We had the power to overthrow a politician that did not work out. And you know, Arnold is beholden to deliver. Otherwise the same levers that put him in, can throw him out.

Just my .02....

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender
Re: Freedom.....

Originally posted by Sergei
...having been a child of parents that experienced the scurge of Stalin, you really do cherish the notion of a free democracy where each citizen can collectively contribute. That version of Stalinistic form of communism the state decided EVERYTHING for you. Think about your dreams of becoming whatever were decided by the local party system. It encompassed everything from your how much food you were allowed to keep if you were a farmer, what education, your square footage for living, what you read, what you listened to, your salary, the medicine, etc.

Sounds like the ACLU to me.

CoffeeDude

One of the Regulars
Well, either way it goes, I just want to say that in any other message board this conversation would have gone downhill in a hurry. Thanks you guys for keeping it all above board and respectful. I'm honored to "hang" with such a great group of individuals as you all are. Highest Regards.

BTW, did any of you vote for me? .... just checking ...

Fedora

Vendor
CoffeeDude said:
Well, either way it goes, I just want to say that in any other message board this conversation would have gone downhill in a hurry. Thanks you guys for keeping it all above board and respectful. I'm honored to "hang" with such a great group of individuals as you all are. Highest Regards.

I like that statement. I think we have gentlemen here, and have respect for one another. :p :D Sergei, as always brings everything into perspective. We as a Country are truly blessed. BTW, the Presidential vote comment made by myself was tongue in cheek. We all know that 99.9 per cent of the time, the electoral college echos popular vote. regards, Fedora

The_Edge

One of the Regulars
Originally posted by Chamorro
There is a HUGE difference. If you can't see it, I can't make you in a two dimensional internet forum.

Where is your freedom? It's been taken away by the far left, radical, fringe. A lot of that is due to complacency just like this. Saying a person's vote doesn't matter is wrong and irresponsible. It DOES matter and matters a LOT. Even if your vote does not fall in line with popular thinking.

If you don't exercise your rights in this democracy, you have no right to complain.

Chamorro is now my official SoCal representative. :cool:

Well, any thoughts in the days after? Regards. Michaelson

This is a rare and historic opportunity for Schwarzenegger. I haven't a clue what's going to come next. I'm just going to wait and see ... and hope that he doesn't fail.

Chamorro

A-List Customer
Originally posted by The_Edge
Chamorro is now my official SoCal representative. :cool:

Uh ... I hope I can live up to that.:cool2:

Arnold better deliver or the same people who put him in will take him out.

One thing is for sure. It's going to be a fun ride. There's a never ending list of jokes I can make on the air at the Governor's expense.;)

The Governor. That's so cool that we can actually say that. It's nice to vote for somebody in this state and actually have them win.

Hopefully, this is the first baby step in taking this great state back from Rob "Meathead" Reiner and his wild-eyed, leftist friends.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points