Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pomade in men's hair, ladies?

Do you like Pomade in men's hair?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Grant Fan

Practically Family
BinkieBaumont said:
Miss Sis said:
As long as there's not too much of it junking things up - like my pillowcases or sofa, then go for it. My chap uses Brylcreem rather than an actual pomade and he wears more for evening than for day.

I'm totally with the 'Don't touch the hair!' ladies. If I've spent ages doing mine, I don't want it messed up and I'm not going to mess his.

4099006712_16d14aaff1_b.jpg

An antimacassar

is a small cloth placed over the backs or arms of chairs, or sofas. Historically, the Edwardian male penchant for oiling one's coiffure continued into Victorian times; necessitating the invention of washable decorative fabric blotters. They are still used in luxury rail lines and immaculate Japanese taxis. The name is derived from the Indian unguent for the hair commonly used in the early 19th century, macassar oil— the poet Byron called it, "thine incomparable oil, Macassar." They first came to have elaborate patterns, often in matching sets for the various items of parlour furniture; they were either made at home using a variety of techniques such as crochet or tatting, or purchased from drapers.
The original antimacassar was often made of white crochet-work, stiffened and uncomfortable, but in the third quarter of the 19th century it became simpler and was made of soft coloured stuffs, usually worked with a simple pattern in tinted wools or silk.

Oh that's awful I have always gotten the creeps from those things I never actually knew what they were for. But now that I do know it makes my skin crawl.

Scarlet Belle

Familiar Face
HepKitty said:
lol Brylcreem is nasty, my grandpa used that stuff. this was a long time ago mind you, but it had a funky smell and was disgusting if you touched it. that and it just didn't look good it didn't look "wet" it looked gunked up and greasy. oh wait that's exactly what brylcreem does :D

I agree with you Grant Fan, military types are kinda hot

Yes, military is the way to go! HOT HOT HOT!!!!!! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Scarlet Belle

Familiar Face
Tishkaminx said:
I like touchable hair, so it's a no from me. I love guys with long brushable hair that I can stroke...maybe i should be thinking about geting a cat instead!:)

HAHAHAHAHAHA.... that comment just made my day!

Jezebel_Amazon

One of the Regulars
If it wasn't for greasy pillows and chairs I would enjoy it more.... Just as long as he washes it out well at the end of the day. I do like a well groomed head though <3

I'm pretty sure I have a mens hair fetish...

D

Deleted member 12480

my boyfriend is Indian and he has the most lovely soft glossy black hair, thats slightly fluffy at the ends, I love to stroke the back of his head and its not fun when he has 'product' of some descriptio in it because he avoids my hand at all cost!

plus it looks cleaner with his hair when there is nothing on it.

Every piece of sitting furniture in my home has afghans over the backrests for the very fact that I wear plenty of pomades, hair tonics, hair creams, or what have you. They do the trick and look vintage-y.

Odalisque

A-List Customer
I really do like the pomade look.
I think the fact that it is such a rarity nowadays adds to that appeal.

Grant Fan said:
I for one do not at all like it, but then again I like military types, so they don't really have enough hair for any type of product.

Oh, yes. Something about a man in uniform :swoon:
Now, a pomaded military man- the best of both worlds!

Olive Twist

New in Town
Scent

I LOVE the smell of Tres Flores.

And as for greasiness, as the fine slogan for Brylcream said in the '60s, "a little dab'll do ya."

Derek WC

Banned
Ladies, if you like the slick look, but not the grease, I just tried a newer brylcreem like pomade called Groom & Clean, and it imparts a nice look, but is not greasy at all.

Smuterella

One Too Many
I love pomade and I LOVE antimacassars, I've been consdering getting some for a while.

Can I get them before I get the pomadified lover? Hmmmm.

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Smuterella said:
I love pomade and I LOVE antimacassars, I've been consdering getting some for a while.

Can I get them before I get the pomadified lover? Hmmmm.

You can merely invoke the boy scout motto of 'be prepared'......

and if you crochet....there are multitudes of patterns for them....for some reason no one but me buys those sorts of pattern books at flea markets. ;)

Miss sofia

One Too Many
I've got a basket full of the things that noone wants to buy in my shop as well, so ladies, i'm quite prepared to hand them out, then we can just wait for..well in my case it will be army Elvis lookalike with a head fulla Murray's! I'm ready!

Smuterella

One Too Many
I'm not sure I'm ready for such tiny fiddly crochet, but its something to fill the time with while my lover coms along...to ruin them with his / her pomadey quiff

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot