Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pomade

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
The Problem with the Home brewed Pomades is that they Are mostly made in the U.S. which means it has to be send to Europe which costs often the same as the product itself or even more and 30$ or more for 1 Jar of Pomade is quite a lot.

Yes that can be a problem, but I thought there were a few pomade shops in Europe that have some home brews. See if Lockhart's Heavy or their Goon Grease are available anywhere. Those are both great.

Actually, the hold of Murray's CAN be beat. There are tons of better products out there, but if you like it, then cool.

Cocker

Practically Family
Tried out the Reuzel Green, and it turns out really great. Easy to apply, easy to style, and it's pretty solid. If your hairs are getting messed up during the day, a quick comb and everything's back in order! I think it'll be my go-to pomade.

Thumper15

New in Town
I wear my hair in a slick back undercut everyday. I started with Reuzal red as my go to pomade, it's a normal orthodox water based pomade. I recently switched to Flagships Blackship unorthodox water based and I love it. It has a dark color, and a very nice creamy texture. Goes on great in damp or dry hair. Easy to work, and unlike an orthodox water based like Reuzel, it doesn't harden up into a helmet hair like hardness and can be restyled easily during the day if needed, and the hold is good. I work in a casting factory on 12 hour shifts, and am in and out of large CNC milling machines dealing with heat and coolant all night and my hair will stay in place unless I physical touch it and move it. And then I just run a comb through and it's done. I ordered it from Etsy and will ordering more shortly.

GregGale

One of the Regulars
'Been using "Cock Grease X". Love the coconut scent, stands up to the weahter, but my hair is quite strong, and it didn't hold well, but added weight and pulled it down. Then I tried Suavecito Firme hold...it didn't hold at all, smelled like shower gel, and dried like hair gel. Then I ordered a can of Cock Grease XX - Extra stiff. Perfect scent, and holds all day! Funny thing is it smells exactly like "Sex Wax", the wax I like to use on my surfboard :)

Snortman45

Familiar Face
I started using Barbury a couple of weeks ago as my first try at pomade. It's water-based and decent, but I would like to try the Reuzel green (medium hold) or pink (heavy hold) or one of the Lockhart's pomades (probably the authentic heavy, not sure I'm ready to go with the Goon Grease for high shine yet).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk