Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pomade

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
I dropped my jar of Iron Society, and cracked the jar, chipped the edge. Glass shards went into the goop, and into my fingers when I dipped it out. Quite clumsy.

I've not tried any of the Luck 13 stuff, but I remember it mentioned in this thread somewhere.

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I gotta recommend my old quick and dirty standby, Nu Nile. Similar in consistancy to the now discontinued Sweet Georgia Brown in the blue tin. And at only $2.99, I usually grab a few at a time.
On the opposite end of the spectrum, I'm anxiously awaiting for Reuzel Pomade from the Schorem Barer shop in Rotterdam to become available. I can't even imagine how much that will cost [huh][huh]

brylcreem boy

One of the Regulars
I believe it is now avaialble at pomade.com flat-top
I gotta recommend my old quick and dirty standby, Nu Nile. Similar in consistancy to the now discontinued Sweet Georgia Brown in the blue tin. And at only $2.99, I usually grab a few at a time.
On the opposite end of the spectrum, I'm anxiously awaiting for Reuzel Pomade from the Schorem Barer shop in Rotterdam to become available. I can't even imagine how much that will cost [huh][huh]

brylcreem boy

One of the Regulars

Reuzel that is. I saw it available on Pomade.com

brylcreem boy

One of the Regulars
Iron Society is awesome stuff. One of my favorite pomades, very unique scent. Hard to describe it.
I dropped my jar of Iron Society, and cracked the jar, chipped the edge. Glass shards went into the goop, and into my fingers when I dipped it out. Quite clumsy.

I've not tried any of the Luck 13 stuff, but I remember it mentioned in this thread somewhere.

brylcreem boy

One of the Regulars
What is the hold like using it over Iron Society? I love Brylcreem but it has a tendancy to soften up my hair and make it fall. What kind of style do you use it for Matt?
Love the new packaging of byrlcream. I use it on top of iron society and i get all the hold i can handle

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Reuzel that is. I saw it available on Pomade.com

I got it directly from Reuzel.com.
$15 a tin.
But LOOK at that tin:
Reuzel-Grease.jpg

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
What is the hold like using it over Iron Society? I love Brylcreem but it has a tendancy to soften up my hair and make it fall. What kind of style do you use it for Matt?

I have short hair and do a crisp part. I let the front be a little more casual than the back in regards to how is lays. Brylcream is my top coat and does a great job of keeping the little stray hairs in place

PT Monteith

New in Town
Little display of labels carefully removed from bottles of 20's hair tonics. I'm glad we don't have to use this stuff anymore. Some of it was very intense stuff.
IMG_1909.jpg
I have a few other framed archives of categorized product labels from the era.

Seraph1227

One of the Regulars
This one's for all the hair people out there...

I got a tin of Royal Crown Pomade the vintage is unknown but I'd suspect it to be from the 50s or early 60s(with a price marked 29 cents). The tin is still full with the original product and aside from not smelling like the new stuff it looks exactly the same, and appears to have the same consistancy as the Royal Crown Hairdressing. I'm yet to actually see a modern tin of Royal Crown Pomade but I wonder how similar the pomade is to the hairdressing.

It's pretty cool that this stuff is still made by the J. Strickland Co.

b5_1.JPG
I use Royal Crown pomade everyday.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
It will be arriving today! I'll let you guys know.

WELL?? :)

The Iron Society stuff: after a few months, it's not for me. Gave it my best shot. It is doubtless an excellent product, but for me, and my own hair, it's too stiff and hard to use, then after applied it vanishes fast, leaving my hair hanging in my face.

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
Love the new packaging of byrlcream. I use it on top of iron society and i get all the hold i can handle

I used original Brylcreem (alone) when I lived in the UK, but when I moved back to the States I switched to Groom and Clean, mainly because it's a couple bucks cheaper. Good stuff, though I want to try the Brylcreem over here to see if it works as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider