Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pop Up Ads between forums - is this new?

Edward

Bartender
The advertising became a little less subtle when we last migrated the form software, as I understand it. (It is, of course, the ads that keep the lights on round here.) I think it has mostly settled down to a reasonable level now, though how exactly the software interacts with your forum usage may vary with browser. AFAIK (and bear in my my tech skills are of the level of "it's all demons and voodoo inside the box"), this can vary a lot more with mobile browsers. FWIW, I use Opera on my phone and my laptop both, and I don't find the advertising excessive or invasive.

Jasonissm

Practically Family
I do find the ads not too bad on the mobile experience. I don't mind the minor inconvenience as it pays for the Lounge to keep running. As long as it isn't egregious and distract from the primary experience it's all good in my books!

Cheers

lina

Practically Family
I get one full page add every time I log on (on my iPhone). BlockBear stopped it, but it also prevented me from accessing other pages so I had to drop it. It’s annoying, but such is life..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner