Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PORK PIE MILAN

tinmanzzz

A-List Customer
Just got my first Pork Pie Milan Straw.
And Yes it’s Orange (How about those Lady Vol’s)
My Question is Brim up or down????

The hat is made by Biltmore
It was 83 Yesterday.

Mr. Lucky

One Too Many
It's a porkpie! Brim up!
porkpie.jpg

Bogie

One of the Regulars
What a breathtaking lid! Nice find tinmanzzz!

Traditionally, wasn't the porkpie worn brim up?

But I agree with Stoney, wear it like you like it, things tend to work best that way when you are most comfortable about how you feel wearing it.

Joel Tunnah

Practically Family
I have the same hat in two-tone, brown and natural. I'm not a fan of Biltmore in general, but I love their straw porkpie. And Stoney is right, up or down, depending on your mood, outfit, destination, etc.

Joel

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
BIG T !

How 'bout that... only in K'town (some might opine "thank goodness" )
very sharp, IMHO, I was burnin' up yesterday but I had on my new "mouse river" panama from Panamabob's ebay auction and at least I looked cool, eh?

Regards,

R

jhe888

One of the Regulars
Question about changing the brim of a straw Biltmore porkpie (and a photo)

I recently got this Biltmore Memphis in natural color. It is, I think, some synthetic "straw." I like it a lot. It is very stiff. Will it damage the straw to snap the brim down in front, which I like the look of better? Will steam help, or hurt?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

John J

Familiar Face
I have a Builtmore milan fedora same material some kind of plastic, I like mine very much .

the brim can be snapped down no problemo just flip it down and your done. Like Jlee said steam not needed.

"John"

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
No problems in snapping the brim down. All snapped down brims you see was 'born' the way your brim looks. If you look at this post, you'll see a hat placed in a wooden flange - covered by cloth - and ironed into the shape/curve of the flange.

That's the way almost all fedoras are made, and when it's delivered to the retailer, the brim is still turned up all around the perimeter. Often the retailer will snap it down, when you want to try the hat on. In other words: Just do it - you are supposed to ;)

carldelo

One Too Many
Brim down in front looks good to me and on me, although sometimes I forget if the sun isn't actually in my eyes.

BTW, you should snap the brim back up when you're not wearing it - it helps maintain the snappiness over time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John Frum