Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PORTIS PATH

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This 1948 Portis Velvet-Tex was posted 10 years ago but has just endured another photoshoot:

portis_velvet_tex_life_10_25_48_ad.png

buler

I'll Lock Up
Enjoy it Garrett. That Velvet-Tex name wasn't just a marketing gimmick. The hand to that felt was amazingly smooth.

B

J Williams

Practically Family
Got my first Portis in the mail today. Pretty dirty and mangled, and just thrown in too small of a box, but felt and sweat look excellent. This will take some work, so I’ll post more after cleaning, etc. Can any of the ‘Portis Pundits’ help out with an idea of the year ?

View attachment 195267

View attachment 195271

View attachment 195272

View attachment 195273

View attachment 195274

View attachment 195276

View attachment 195275

Looking forward to seeing it after you clean it up!

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up

Hagwood

Call Me a Cab
Well it cleaned up very nicely and really looks good. It’s still a little damp in the pic, but a really nice dark Navy with a very cool color on the ribbon, like an indigo. Doesn’t really show in the photo. I took the liner out and cleaned it as well, and put some conditioner on the sweat. I’ll give it another good brushing and put the bash in when I get home.

4CE75B16-E3AD-4668-8A7B-4A18F0E5A0C8.jpeg

Hagwood

Call Me a Cab
Thanks for all the Likes and Comments fellas.

I'm pretty impressed with it, being from a lesser known hat company. May have to look for some more. I love Jack's Sporty Liner above, so I may have to hunt one of those down......

Headpatrolman

New in Town
I have recently acquired a vintage Portis. From the pictures it looks like a stingy brim fedora but pictures can be deceiving. I was wondering if anyone could give me a little info as to the era it is from and maybe thought on overall condition and whether I will be able to clean it up and restore it to some of its former glory. I understand that might be asking a lot from pictures. I got the hat for $7.99 plus shipping so not too much of a risk on my part. Actually paid more for shipping than the hat. LOL
portis 1.jpg
portis 3.jpg
portis 6.jpg
portis 5.jpg
portis 4.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21