Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Post pictures of your jacket collection

CM1 CR progress. Jacket I've worn more than all the others I have (had). Even listed it once for sale and it survived and is still here. I'm pretty sure this one's a definite keeper... It's just the right amount of everything I expect from a CR so that I don't really know how to significantly improve on it.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
IMG_7083.JPG

IMG_7084.JPG

I'll try to get pics up soon but am currently traveling. But really, you all have seen these jackets hundreds of times on this site lol.

As you will see, I am a fanatical Vanson adherent. It is all I currently own. Two reasons I think. I ride everywhere, all the time, and love the way these jackets feel while on my bike. Two, I know what size will fit me and how with them, so the acquisition process is too easy. And I will add a third, they have always treated me well. Good peeps.

Commando / D Pocket
Dark Brown Ike
Perforated Force / Police
Comet
Model B
Octagon Chopper

HanauMan

Practically Family
I've really enjoyed seeing all the jackets here, some impressive examples for sure. Until I read this thread I hadn't even considered myself to be a jacket collector but looking at my closet I now think otherwise!

Not including my one and only suit, a couple of Berghaus goretex winter jackets and a linen summer jacket I found that I now own eight 'utility' jackets.

First my OD jackets.

View media item 1479
(L to R) - US Army CVC jacket dated 1991. I've patched it up for my late dads' last military posting in West Germany: the US 11th ACR (Blackhorse). This is a flame resistant jacket and very hot to wear, so only worn on very cold winter days! It was designed for tank crews.
- USN A2 deck jacket, dated 1979. Nice and warm jacket for cooler days. It has MSO 489 stencilled on the back which was the navy number for the USS Gallant, a mine sweeper.
- US M51 field jacket, DSA 1-4951. A nice sateen jacket and better, in my opinion, than the M65.

The back of the deck jacket with the stencilled ship number.

View media item 1480
My denim jackets.

View media item 1481
(L to R) - A dark blue L.L.Bean from the late 1990s, a 1980s JCPenney 'Plain Pockets' jacket and a nice late 'Big E' Levi jacket, probably from 1971 (it has the little care label which first came in, I believe, in 1971). Note the lengths of the jackets, the Levi is the shortest at 23 inches.

Lastly, my leathers.

View media item 1482
(L to R) - My Orange label Cooper A2 which I bought way back in 1992 and a USN G1 dated 1968 and made by Star Sportswear. Both are goatskin leather, the G1 is a tad darker than the A2.

Last edited:

JVanBro

Familiar Face
Apologies for not posting for a long while. I was traveling through the winter and have been super busy since returning home in April. The first photo is my collection (Kerr, Schott, Vanson) and the second is my recent decision to acquire vintage Levi's denim jackets I've been wanting for a long time. The third is my most recent purchases, a cycle rider and two other brands I haven't seen before but appear to be good quality. I also have some Cooper and LL Bean goatskins.
29156db9d79a44d267d417a0be2aaeee.jpg
ab248e2f46d491a4156bf74dc957ca90.jpg
271fa56bb401c6827ec4e21485f2a7d0.jpg

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

alfyman

One of the Regulars
Ok, I had to cry a little bit... I guess Ebay may help me a little..Thank you so much and I can't wait until winter 2020 and beyond... :)

C3960D68-ECAE-46DF-885B-E8A67E766CC6.jpeg 125E41EA-8D41-4956-8986-2711AF361442.jpeg 5E2B6247-954F-4742-B2D3-FDE2E851AC39.jpeg Bored out of my mind. Bad weather here and the wife went out with friends. So, I took some pics...

Top pic, Top Row: Vanson— Hardcore, Highwayman and Chopper

Top pic, Bottom Row: Vanson Force, Bates Highwayman I and Vanson Commando

Middle pic, Top Row: Pegasus D Pocket, US Authentic Barnstormer and Bates Motorcycle Jacket (old)

Middle pic, Bottom Row: Mars Brando, Vanson Comet and Bates Highwayman II

Bottom pic, Top Row: Vanson Ike and Beck-Arnley Cafe

Bottom pic, Bottom Row: Brimaco Cycle Champ and Vanson Vest

View attachment 121875 View attachment 121876 View attachment 121877 Bored out of my mind. Bad weather here and the wife went out with friends. So, I took some pics...

Middle pic, Top Row: Pegasus D Pocket, US Authentic Barnstormer and Bates Motorcycle Jacket (old)

Damn, man...

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
View attachment 121875 View attachment 121876 View attachment 121877 Bored out of my mind. Bad weather here and the wife went out with friends. So, I took some pics...

Very impressive man! I think I still see room for a couple Langlitz’s and a Cal Leather or two though...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points