Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Post pictures of your jacket collection

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
That might be good! :)

Just airing those out Mysteryo? How much do you suppose it all weights? Is that chair rated for the weight load ? :rolleyes:

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Record books? You know nothing, photo2u Snow. This place has people who own garages full of leather jackets, Terry being only the first one to come to most people's mind.

It's still a fairly impressive collection, ofcourse. I feel the urge to be able to look at them one by one. And then rob them all, that is. :D

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
giphy.gif

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
....and here I was thinking buying a 4th cafe racer was too much :eek:

but seriously, everyone sets their own limits. I actually enjoy my jackets less when I feel I have too many and I don't get to wear them all.

This would actually stress me out.

....and here I was thinking buying a 4th cafe racer was too much :eek:

but seriously, everyone sets their own limits. I actually enjoy my jackets less when I feel I have too many and I don't get to wear them all.

This would actually stress me out.
I couldn't agree more. That's a lot of livestock to look after. In my own collecting habits when I approach the 5 or 6 mark the urge to purge hits and I'll go down to about three. Be perfectly content...for a minute, by two or three more and the revolving door continues to revolve.
TBH I think anything over two or three jackets is kind of useless. I'd much rather just catch and release, rotating out the lesser worn or change of heart styles.
That said, man, I am admiring these collections I know Guppy has a ton and Mysteryo's collection of cross zips actually made me blush. But TM is the Wikipedia of leather.

Sure, Terry and some others members probably have more jackets but... You have to understand that - and I could be wrong but I know I'm not - over 90% of that pile are Perfectos and that's what makes it so impressive! There's stuff inside diverse and rare enough for Tanaka to write a whole new book about.

Jägernaut

Practically Family
Hey ton, reading your description of your illness, it sounds remarkably like my own. I've had the same problem with accumulating guitars and guns in the past. I see Superfluous transferred his addiction from watches to jackets. Have you had other addictions before jackets?

Hey ton, reading your description of your illness, it sounds remarkably like my own. I've had the same problem with accumulating guitars and guns in the past. I see Superfluous transferred his addiction from watches to jackets. Have you had other addictions before jackets?
Oh yes. As a kid I fixated on all kinds of things. Dinosaurs, WWII model aircraft, watches and weapons, comic books. Once I became an athlete all of that was channeled into diving. That was probably the healthiest obsession. All the others eventually became a burden of things. I've always felt I fall somewhere on the spectrum.

My humble collection stands at 5. 100's bought and sold over the years. But these five are it for now (leather anyway). Pegasus, Vanson, Johnson Leathers:
IMG_4116.JPG

Bates and Thedi:
IMG_4117.JPG

There could be 5 totally different jackets in their place next year but for now all I see the need for is something green. Aaaaand some vintage stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy