Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Post Thedi Leather Jacket Photos Here........

thedebonair

One of the Regulars
Thanks! It does fit amazingly well, considering it's my first jacket from Theodoros. Leather is beautiful beyond words. All in all, can't say enough good things about it

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Summer last year, immediately after receiving my first custom thedi, I spotted this awesome mc jacket on Thedi's instagram. Back then Thedi didn't have a website so I sent Theodoros an email asking for additional pics, which can be found on the first page of this thread:

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/post-thedi-leather-jacket-photos-here.99138/#post-2699516

But then other jackets came along and I kind of forgot about this one. A year later after having handled a number of vintage belted crosszips the idea of a 50s style mc jacket came back to me. But now that I've gained a better eye for certain details the stock design didn't do it for me anymore.

I had a lot of small changes to the original MTC-127949 design in mind that together would make for the perfect 50s style mc jacket. But since there were so many, I was afraid that some of them would get lost in translation or misinterpreted. Therefore I decided to plan a trip to Thessaloniki so that I could discuss all the little tweaks with Theodoros in person.

This is the jacket we used as a starting point, the MTC-127949.

0B4C7F39-C6DA-4F2D-87AE-D24350BDD0D5.jpeg

Most importantly I wanted one big D-pocket and no chest pocket (like the 50s Sears Hercules mc jackets). Also, I wanted the removable collar to be attached using snaps instead of Thedi's usual button fasteners. Snap down lapels (unbranded snaps), A-2 style epaulets, diamond pull sleeve zippers on top of the sleeves and some decorative studs onto the coin pocket and zipper ends.

The leather is washed bruciato horsehide that has been hand-dyed hand-waxed and hand-distressed by Theodoros. I thought brown zipper tape would look awesome together with the brown undertones of the teacore leather. Here's Theodoros showing the order form with all the style and fit details, it was a pretty long list.

E3919468-54F5-470A-BD08-12BBBCE3D3D2.jpeg

I wasn't expecting the jacket to be ready before February next year so I was pleasantly surprised when Theodoros contacted me to double check on some final details last week.

Here's the end result. I couldn't be more happy. The jacket fits like a glove, like I've had it for 10 years already. I love how all the details came together into one coherent design. Only one little detail got lost, which are the studs on the ends of the handwarmer pocket. The base design features triangular stitchlines on the pocket ends and Theodoros didn't think it'd look good to add the studs on top of those. I think I have to agree with him.

Before he shipped the jacket he told me the jacket is "better than the high end Japanese labels". I think he's really proud of this one. And yes I agree, to me this jacket is better than any Japanese made jacket I've seen or handled. Subjective of course. But I do think Thedi jackets are underrated.

B068AF48-A244-40E0-A073-289F183FEDE8.jpeg
7B0759CE-C20F-43EC-B985-FBFAD4E7AEB1.jpeg
61C81592-966E-4327-B2A7-15E3C7284B97.jpeg
B7C110E8-B10A-4CD7-A37A-8F9D879EA93A.jpeg
4BD1B6B5-2456-4601-8D3E-4043149B7F02.jpeg
F4B7FAF4-ACA3-40D7-B3DC-3D61A4C97E64.jpeg
A4E8F133-50B0-41D7-8A43-6FDEE2970C86.jpeg
E2FD5598-FDB3-4182-8B5A-07B7A429C091.jpeg

Mysteryo

One Too Many
Man, I’d love to have the exact same jacket ( I just might change the zipper pullers at sleeve: too worried they might get griped somewhere and break)

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Man, I’d love to have the exact same jacket ( I just might change the zipper pullers at sleeve: too worried they might get griped somewhere and break)
I opted for diamond pulls because I think they look cool but I think that you're right that a 'regular' pull (is there a specific name for those?) would probably be a more durable option. I remember one of the Japanese makers, not sure which one, includes instructions with with their jackets on how to properly operate a diamond pull. I thought that was kind of funny but apparently they do break easily, Thedi now also includes a special instruction card.

FCA6861B-381C-45AD-B740-584BBDB665D7.jpeg

nickv

One of the Regulars
Summer last year, immediately after receiving my first custom thedi, I spotted this awesome mc jacket on Thedi's instagram. Back then Thedi didn't. have a website so I sent Theodoros an email asking for additional pics, which can be. found on the first page of this. thread:

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/post-thedi-leather-jacket-photos-here.99138/#post-2699516

But then other jackets came along and I kind of forgot about this one. A year later after having handled a number of vintage belted crosszips the idea of a 50s style mc jacket came back to me. But now that I've gained a better eye for certain details the stock design didn't do it for me anymore.

I had a lot of small changes to the original MTC-127949 design in mind that together would make for the perfect 50s style mc jacket. But since there were so many, I was afraid that some of them would get lost in translation or misinterpreted. Therefore I decided to plan a trip to Thessaloniki so that I could discuss all the little tweaks with Theodoros in person.

View attachment 390484

Most importantly I wanted one big D-pocket and no chest pocket (like the 50s Sears Hercules mc jackets). Also, I wanted the removable collar to be attached using snaps instead of Thedi's usual button fasteners. Snap down lapels (unbranded snaps), A-2 style epaulets, diamond pull sleeve zippers on top of the sleeves and some decorative studs onto the coin pocket and zipper ends.

The leather is washed bruciato horsehide that has been hand-dyed hand-waxed and hand-distressed by Theodoros. I thought brown zipper tape would look awesome together with the brown undertones of the teacore leather. Here's Theodoros showing the order form with all the style and fit details, it was a pretty long list.

View attachment 390485

I wasn't expecting the jacket to be ready before February next year so I was pleasantly surprised when Theodoros contacted me to double check on some final details last week.

Here's the end result. I couldn't be more happy. The jacket fits like a glove, like I've had it for 10 years already. I love how all the details came together into one coherent design. Only one little detail got lost, which are the studs on the ends of the handwarmer pocket. The base design features triangular stitchlines on the pocket ends and Theodoros didn't think it'd look good to add the studs on top of those. I think I have to agree with him.

Before he shipped the jacket he told me the jacket is "better than the high end Japanese labels". I think he's really proud of this one. And yes I agree, to me this jacket is better than any Japanese made jacket I've seen or handled. Subjective of course. But I do think Thedi jackets are underrated.

View attachment 390487 View attachment 390494 View attachment 390493 View attachment 390488 View attachment 390489 View attachment 390491 View attachment 390492 View attachment 390486
I opted for diamond pulls because I think they look cool but I think that you're right that a 'regular' pull (is there a specific name for those?) would probably be a more durable option. I remember one of the Japanese makers, not sure which one, includes instructions with with their jackets on how to properly operate a diamond pull. I thought that was kind of funny but apparently they do break easily, Thedi now also includes a special instruction card.

View attachment 390496
Summer last year, immediately after receiving my first custom thedi, I spotted this awesome mc jacket on Thedi's instagram. Back then Thedi didn't have a website so I sent Theodoros an email asking for additional pics, which can be found on the first page of this thread:

View attachment 390484

View attachment 390485

View attachment 390487 View attachment 390494 View attachment 390493 View attachment 390488 View attachment 390489 View attachment 390491 View attachment 390492 View attachment 390486
Awsome jacket Marc. You have a "Holy Trinity" of Thedi jackets .Love the MC vibe of it and another perfect fit. Perfect timing as well, receiving now in the early stages of your winter in Europe .Enjoy .

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here

View attachment 390484

View attachment 390485

Wow! What a jacket!!

Kuro

Practically Family

View attachment 390484

View attachment 390485

Your review and story is great to read! It makes me look forward to writing my review of my custom Thedi. I need more freedom from this holiday season to get it done.

Congrats on an obviously wonderful jacket!

And Happy Holidays everyone!

scurvyfreedman

Familiar Face

View attachment 390484

View attachment 390485

Looks great. Love the color of the shearling collar. I would worry about cream getting dirty. Also, it sometimes looks too light next to darker colors. But, that medium brown looks perfect, especially with the brass hardware. Just a great combination.

Jimmy Shinki

Familiar Face

View attachment 390484

View attachment 390485

Stunning jacket Marc, that is next level work by Theodoros. Looks awesome

Tom71

Call Me a Cab

View attachment 390484

View attachment 390485

The jacket is great! What makes it unique, is you developing it with Theodoros directly in Saloniki.

Rich22

Practically Family
Jin congrats on the new jacket! Looks terrific!

about that wavy zipper… I have three Thedis with zippers, two are washed Buffalo and one is washed goatskin. All three of them have the wavy zipper and it honestly hasn’t relaxed much over time yet. I also have a fourth Thedi, button style Cossack—and no wave down the center. Drapes much better on me. Hope the zipper on yours settles down, let me know if you figure anything out! I agree with the explanations people have given about the treatment of the leather causing tension in the fabrics that pull on some areas of the zipper disproportionately more than others but wonder what Theodoros would say. It’s not that noticeable or a problem, but does look a little funny to me on my jackets. For the heavily treated Thedi leathers, I will probably stick to buttons…
The wibbly-wobbly wavy zipper is the first thing I see in a lot of Thedi jacket photos... I think only the washed jackets, where the leather has shrunk but the zipper (of course) has not. Amazing jackets, but it's a bit off putting. I still want to buy a Thedi jacket, but would specify no wavy zippers.

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up

View attachment 390484

View attachment 390485

Jacket is a perfect 10. What are the booots?

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Jacket is a perfect 10. What are the booots?
Thanks. The boots are RRL.

I've been wearing the jacket for a couple of days now and what impresses me most is how comfortable it is to wear either over a sweater or over a shirt. The actual measurements would suggest a tight fit, but it doesn't feel tight at all.

And the hide... I absolutely love the thick grainy panels which are perfectly matched throughout the jacket. The color changes from black to brown depending on the angle you're looking from.

Black...

66174CFA-88D3-4C38-8448-4013232841DA.jpeg

Brown...

98F25254-AE4C-4B92-BEE6-F37F126641CB.jpeg

Brown showing through were the black dye has worn off

CDB8F5F2-0AA7-44ED-9F9C-10BA77EFEF8F.jpeg

7B2F3F31-FCF0-4F62-A840-4B3E3921ADB7.jpeg
C68A9087-6F54-4170-B2FD-55F711AEAB37.jpeg

Kuro

Practically Family
I've been wearing the jacket for a couple of days now and what impresses me most is how comfortable it is to wear either over a sweater or over a shirt. The actual measurements would suggest a tight fit, but it doesn't feel tight at all.

I resonate with this statement. I have been wearing my Thedi for the entire month of December, down to single digit temperatures. While my jacket fits like a nice flannel shirt, and is happy with just a shirt underneath, it also wears well with a sweater, or a thick wool vest I have for warmth, without compromising how it feels.

Anyways, my Thedi experience has been fantastic so far, no regrets.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ