Post Thedi Leather Jacket Photos Here........

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by HoosierDaddy, Nov 26, 2019.

1. thedebonair

thedebonair Familiar Face

Thanks! It does fit amazingly well, considering it's my first jacket from Theodoros. Leather is beautiful beyond words. All in all, can't say enough good things about it

Jin431 likes this.
  2. marker2037

marker2037 Practically Family

Deerskin has become more desirable to me lately with examples like this. That's a lovely color and it's not the usual flat, dull finish that most deer has.

Jin431 and thedebonair like this.
  3. Marc mndt

Marc mndt My Mail is Forwarded Here

Summer last year, immediately after receiving my first custom thedi, I spotted this awesome mc jacket on Thedi's instagram. Back then Thedi didn't have a website so I sent Theodoros an email asking for additional pics, which can be found on the first page of this thread:

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/post-thedi-leather-jacket-photos-here.99138/#post-2699516

But then other jackets came along and I kind of forgot about this one. A year later after having handled a number of vintage belted crosszips the idea of a 50s style mc jacket came back to me. But now that I've gained a better eye for certain details the stock design didn't do it for me anymore.

I had a lot of small changes to the original MTC-127949 design in mind that together would make for the perfect 50s style mc jacket. But since there were so many, I was afraid that some of them would get lost in translation or misinterpreted. Therefore I decided to plan a trip to Thessaloniki so that I could discuss all the little tweaks with Theodoros in person.

This is the jacket we used as a starting point, the MTC-127949.

0B4C7F39-C6DA-4F2D-87AE-D24350BDD0D5.jpeg

Most importantly I wanted one big D-pocket and no chest pocket (like the 50s Sears Hercules mc jackets). Also, I wanted the removable collar to be attached using snaps instead of Thedi's usual button fasteners. Snap down lapels (unbranded snaps), A-2 style epaulets, diamond pull sleeve zippers on top of the sleeves and some decorative studs onto the coin pocket and zipper ends.

The leather is washed bruciato horsehide that has been hand-dyed hand-waxed and hand-distressed by Theodoros. I thought brown zipper tape would look awesome together with the brown undertones of the teacore leather. Here's Theodoros showing the order form with all the style and fit details, it was a pretty long list.

E3919468-54F5-470A-BD08-12BBBCE3D3D2.jpeg

I wasn't expecting the jacket to be ready before February next year so I was pleasantly surprised when Theodoros contacted me to double check on some final details last week.

Here's the end result. I couldn't be more happy. The jacket fits like a glove, like I've had it for 10 years already. I love how all the details came together into one coherent design. Only one little detail got lost, which are the studs on the ends of the handwarmer pocket. The base design features triangular stitchlines on the pocket ends and Theodoros didn't think it'd look good to add the studs on top of those. I think I have to agree with him.

Before he shipped the jacket he told me the jacket is "better than the high end Japanese labels". I think he's really proud of this one. And yes I agree, to me this jacket is better than any Japanese made jacket I've seen or handled. Subjective of course. But I do think Thedi jackets are underrated.

B068AF48-A244-40E0-A073-289F183FEDE8.jpeg 7B0759CE-C20F-43EC-B985-FBFAD4E7AEB1.jpeg 61C81592-966E-4327-B2A7-15E3C7284B97.jpeg B7C110E8-B10A-4CD7-A37A-8F9D879EA93A.jpeg 4BD1B6B5-2456-4601-8D3E-4043149B7F02.jpeg F4B7FAF4-ACA3-40D7-B3DC-3D61A4C97E64.jpeg A4E8F133-50B0-41D7-8A43-6FDEE2970C86.jpeg E2FD5598-FDB3-4182-8B5A-07B7A429C091.jpeg

marker2037, torfjord, ES335 and 32 others like this.
  4. thedebonair

thedebonair Familiar Face

Awesome jacket, Marc. The design and fit are equally great. The dye is perfect and seems like it will show lots of character in the coming years. Congrats and enjoy!

Last edited: Dec 25, 2021
    Mysteryo and Marc mndt like this.
  5. Mandarin

Mandarin A-List Customer

Congratulations, Marc. You and Theodoros have reached perfection. Every detail is right. Nothing could make it better.
    I thought I was done buying jackets, but this one seriously makes want to reconsider.

Mysteryo and Marc mndt like this.
  6. Mysteryo

Mysteryo One Too Many

Man, I’d love to have the exact same jacket ( I just might change the zipper pullers at sleeve: too worried they might get griped somewhere and break)

Marc mndt likes this.
  7. Marc mndt

I opted for diamond pulls because I think they look cool but I think that you're right that a 'regular' pull (is there a specific name for those?) would probably be a more durable option. I remember one of the Japanese makers, not sure which one, includes instructions with with their jackets on how to properly operate a diamond pull. I thought that was kind of funny but apparently they do break easily, Thedi now also includes a special instruction card.

FCA6861B-381C-45AD-B740-584BBDB665D7.jpeg

marker2037, Bfd70, red devil and 5 others like this.
  8. nickv

nickv One of the Regulars

Awsome jacket Marc. You have a "Holy Trinity" of Thedi jackets .Love the MC vibe of it and another perfect fit. Perfect timing as well, receiving now in the early stages of your winter in Europe .Enjoy .

Marc mndt likes this.
  9. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

Another beauty Marc! Thedi is rockin’ these designs.

Marc mndt likes this.
  10. red devil

red devil My Mail is Forwarded Here

Wow! What a jacket!!

Marc mndt likes this.
  11. Merv

Merv Practically Family

Holly Cow! That's a stunning jacket. It really does look like a vintage jacket!

Marc mndt likes this.
  12. Kuro

Kuro Practically Family

Your review and story is great to read! It makes me look forward to writing my review of my custom Thedi. I need more freedom from this holiday season to get it done.

Congrats on an obviously wonderful jacket!

And Happy Holidays everyone!

Mrfrown, Marc mndt and jonesy86 like this.
  13. scurvyfreedman

scurvyfreedman New in Town

Looks great. Love the color of the shearling collar. I would worry about cream getting dirty. Also, it sometimes looks too light next to darker colors. But, that medium brown looks perfect, especially with the brass hardware. Just a great combination.

Marc mndt likes this.
  14. Jimmy Shinki

Jimmy Shinki Familiar Face

Stunning jacket Marc, that is next level work by Theodoros. Looks awesome

Marc mndt likes this.
  15. Tom71

Tom71 One Too Many

The jacket is great! What makes it unique, is you developing it with Theodoros directly in Saloniki.

Marc mndt likes this.
  16. Rich22

Rich22 A-List Customer

The wibbly-wobbly wavy zipper is the first thing I see in a lot of Thedi jacket photos... I think only the washed jackets, where the leather has shrunk but the zipper (of course) has not. Amazing jackets, but it's a bit off putting. I still want to buy a Thedi jacket, but would specify no wavy zippers.

17. Bfd70

Bfd70 My Mail is Forwarded Here

Jacket is a perfect 10. What are the booots?

Marc mndt likes this.
  18. Marc mndt

Thanks. The boots are RRL.

I've been wearing the jacket for a couple of days now and what impresses me most is how comfortable it is to wear either over a sweater or over a shirt. The actual measurements would suggest a tight fit, but it doesn't feel tight at all.

And the hide... I absolutely love the thick grainy panels which are perfectly matched throughout the jacket. The color changes from black to brown depending on the angle you're looking from.

Black...

66174CFA-88D3-4C38-8448-4013232841DA.jpeg

Brown...

98F25254-AE4C-4B92-BEE6-F37F126641CB.jpeg

Brown showing through were the black dye has worn off

CDB8F5F2-0AA7-44ED-9F9C-10BA77EFEF8F.jpeg

7B2F3F31-FCF0-4F62-A840-4B3E3921ADB7.jpeg C68A9087-6F54-4170-B2FD-55F711AEAB37.jpeg

JCSD, marker2037, torfjord and 14 others like this.
  19. Kuro

Kuro Practically Family

I resonate with this statement. I have been wearing my Thedi for the entire month of December, down to single digit temperatures. While my jacket fits like a nice flannel shirt, and is happy with just a shirt underneath, it also wears well with a sweater, or a thick wool vest I have for warmth, without compromising how it feels.

Anyways, my Thedi experience has been fantastic so far, no regrets.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2022
    nickv, Mrfrown, jonesy86 and 3 others like this.
  20. red devil

red devil My Mail is Forwarded Here

Yes, Thedi makes some oof the most - if not the most evolved - patterns. His understanding of the human body and how it moves is astounding.

torfjord, Marc mndt, nickv and 2 others like this.