Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Post Thedi Leather Jacket Photos Here........

Mister Rivets

One of the Regulars
stronghold
That Blue deerskin is next for me

Attachments

• IMG_3101.jpeg
    IMG_3101.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 237

mlx

New in Town
I stopped by Stronhold at Venice Beach yesterday. I met Theodoros and had him measure me. It turned out I’m an idiot and my arm is one inch longer than what I had thought.

Anyway, good experience; That’s a cool store and I will be visiting soon. And Theodoros has my measurements so I can place one more order next year.

Who else was there?

Squirrel_hero

Familiar Face
Nice so glad you went then and got remeasured! I went again today briefly just to say hi and bye and told him to expect an email for another order soon! I can’t decide what I want next. I want more than one again and it’s not good for my wallet right now! literally everything he does is so sick! Going to try to limit myself.

Reactions: mlx

Maxwell Von Chesapeake

A-List Customer
I ended up going to The Stronghold yesterday to meet Theodoros, and I'm very glad I did. Honestly, after all these years, I was really just curious as to what his voice would sound like. Anyway, even though I already placed an order for a custom Thedi last month, I wanted him to take my measurements himself, because I can almost guarantee that I didn't do it properly. Many thanks to Theodoros, and many thanks to @TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead for taking the pics!

IMG_2904.jpg

IMG_2905.jpg

IMG_2906.jpg

IMG_2907.jpg

By the way, that's another thing Theodoros is great at. You'd think he and I were old friends by looking at those pics, but I had just met him about five minutes earlier. Just an all-around cool and welcoming dude, which is good because I have to admit that I was a bit nervous and star-struck going into it. Anyway, I'll post more pics once the jacket arrives. Until then, happy holidays to all.

Last edited:

jr30

Familiar Face
All your pictures motivated me to buy my first Thedi.

After two Aero jackets, Half Belt made of FQHH and Aero Type III in Vicenza Dark Seal, I have now decided on my first Thedi. The model is called “Markos” and is made of buffalo leather in cognac, has a zipper and a shawl collar (which I don't know from leather jackets).

On the one hand it seems as if Thedi jackets are supposed to be first class craftsmanship, but on the other hand I'm excited about the fit and the buffalo leather and how it will develop over the years.

Maybe someone already has experience with buffalo leather. Is it partially waterproof if you get caught in a rain shower? It would also be interesting to know how the buffalo leather should be cared for (minsk oil etc.)?

As soon as I have my Thedi I will post it here. Until then, I will look at your beautiful Thedis.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Maybe someone already has experience with buffalo leather. Is it partially waterproof if you get caught in a rain shower?
Thedi offers exclusively vegetable tanned leathers which soak up water like a sponge. In other words, they're not water resistant let alone waterproof. For that you would need chrome tanned leather.
It would also be interesting to know how the buffalo leather should be cared for (minsk oil etc.)?
It's a new jacket, it doesn't need any conditioning.

Squirrel_hero

Familiar Face
i finally wore this one in the rain.. this is horsehide. the sleeves look so damn good now. Definitely not waterproof. I also have a buffalo jacket from him and it’s definitely not water proof but I’d say slightly more resistant to water than the horsehide one but still like Marc said just soaks up the water.

In my opinion the jacket really starts to look good after its first soak! Congrats on your first thedi! Post pics when you get it!

IMG_6919.jpeg

jr30

Familiar Face
@Squirrel_hero
Your horsehide looks awesome! Absolute great!

Thank you for your feedback.
Since I don't speak native English, I may not have expressed myself completely understandably. Sorry for that. ;)

My Half Belt from FQHH is tanned with Chromexcel and can withstand some rain. I always dry them lying flat (not hanging) at room temperature and far away from a heat source. It get's better and better (and softer). Also the leather looks not toooo much 'styled' (looks more rough after rain).

What I meant, will the buffalo leather jacket get ruined if it gets a normal rain (non monsum)?

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
@Squirrel_hero
Your horsehide looks awesome! Absolute great!

Thank you for your feedback.
Since I don't speak native English, I may not have expressed myself completely understandably. Sorry for that. ;)

My Half Belt from FQHH is tanned with Chromexcel and can withstand some rain. I always dry them lying flat (not hanging) at room temperature and far away from a heat source. It get's better and better (and softer). Also the leather looks not toooo much 'styled' (looks more rough after rain).

What I meant, will the buffalo leather jacket get ruined if it gets a normal rain (non monsum)?

No, it is a leather jacket designed to be worn in most conditions. While it will not keep you dry, it will take character after taking some rain or under the sun.

As Theo says, the leather will tell its story. No need to overthink it, just wear that jacket whenever you feel like it, it will only look better with time.

jr30

Familiar Face
Thanks for the explanation. I'm looking forward to my Thedi.
Mine ordered in "Cognac". Is there any experience of how Buffalo Cognac develops / ages over time?

My Aero HB in FQHH was natural color on the first day. I could literally see how the light-sand developed into medium brown. It’s a great process – the jacket “lives”.

What to expect from cognac, will it get more “orange” or does it tend to “brown” (pictures would be great)?

red devil

Thanks for the explanation. I'm looking forward to my Thedi.
Mine ordered in "Cognac". Is there any experience of how Buffalo Cognac develops / ages over time?

My Aero HB in FQHH was natural color on the first day. I could literally see how the light-sand developed into medium brown. It’s a great process – the jacket “lives”.

What to expect from cognac, will it get more “orange” or does it tend to “brown” (pictures would be great)?

This is how the buffalo looks after a year or two

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/red-devil-fit-checks-evolution.101045/post-2702385

jr30

Familiar Face
Amazing, please don't tell me this jacket was "cognac" originally.
So cool!

I'm not sure which one of these would be cognac. The second jacket is more orange than the first one.
Also impressed. Stunning color and a perfect fit.

@Gentlemen, I see you are the experts!
I ordered directly from Thurston Bros. Carrie was very patient with me and I hope this Thedi fits my body measurements.

red devil

Amazing, please don't tell me this jacket was "cognac" originally.
So cool!

Also impressed. Stunning color and a perfect fit.

@Gentlemen, I see you are the experts!
I ordered directly from Thurston Bros. Carrie was very patient with me and I hope this Thedi fits my body measurements.

I think he calls it cognac now although I always called it "tan". In any case I wore it on the motorbike under a heatwave, that certainly helped darken it fast lol

Jasonindenver

One of the Regulars
Carrie explained to me that Cuio is a lighter tan tone that darkens on the brown spectrum over time whereas the cognac has a slight red orange tint that becomes a bit orange brown as it ages.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
My first real stab at trying to make a YouTube unboxing if anyone is interested. A little self conscious so be gentle
Plus bonus footage from the stronghold event at the end.

I'm no YouTube creator or video editor..

I did it all on my iPad & iPhone

Three jackets and two belts in one haul, that's next level. And they all look amazing. Congrats!

edit: And thanks for the mention bud, I'm glad I could be of help.

Last edited:

Squirrel_hero

Familiar Face
Three jackets and two belts in one haul, that's next level. And they all look amazing. Congrats!

edit: And thanks for the mention bud, I'm glad I could be of help.
lol crap! I didn’t think too clearly at how it would make me look.‍ someone asked me what I do! lol makes me look like a rich mofo but really it felt like less of a hit because Theodoros let me send him multiple payments throughout the 6 month wait. In reality it was probably 8 month wait.
And I sold a BUNCH of stuff so in my head it didn’t seem like that big of a hit.

So fucking worth it

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy